Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in my old evo for another one:sneaky: :sneaky: but on my other evo I used the greddy rs bov. I kinda liked it but I really want a different one on my new one. I was thinking about the hks one but im not sure.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???????????????:D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Any suggestions for what? The last thing you should be thinking about is what BOV to get. Aren't you interested in mods that help the car and that actually increase performance, or do you only care about making 2F2F noises? Regardless of the answer, you absolutely do not want to use the HKS SSQV - that would be a terrible choice, since it is not to be used on Evos that still have the stock MAF. The Greddy isn't that good either. If and when you get the other mods that are more useful and that make an upgraded BOV necessary, look at getting the regular JDM MR DV or stock IX DV. If you start pushing over 25psi, then get the Forge RS.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I guess I should start making power before i do the bov. When I bought the car it came with the mynes performance flash but now im looking for some cams and other things that will make my car way faster. I really dont want to get rid of the evo8 turbo until i get to the point that i need to get a bigger one. Im looking for a downpipe so i can finish my exhaust but i hyavent really found one that is worth the money.

Any suggestions on that?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Sure, get the Buschur DP, and be sure you have an MBC and fuel pump. What mods are already on the car? You didn't tell us that, so I'm making guesses. If it has a flash, I would assume it already has basic stg1 mods. Once you have the stg1 mods (fuel pump, mbc, DV, exhaust, flash), then you look at getting cams and an LICP, but you'll need a retune.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Im looking for a downpipe so i can finish my exhaust but i hyavent really found one that is worth the money.

Any suggestions on that?

Find one that you like and fits; clears ACD/tie bars. Then find someone who's down on their luck and selling that downpipe. :thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the fuel pump I was thinking of going with the walbro 255lph pump. should I upgrade the injectors to or should I wait for later on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so just the fuel pump and the downpipe right??????? and then wat should i do after that?????????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest I dont know what flash it has. When I bought the car the guy said it had a mynes performance flash but he didnt know what that meant but they showed me the dyno and it made 280hp/295tq so if you know what stage that is then maybe thats it. I was planning on going to mynes and have them check it out to see what stage it has so i could br sure. On my last evo I had the ams 35r kit but then i found buschur and they made the same kit for like 2k less than ams. the only difference is that the ams kit comes with the downpipe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But thats the point. I dont know what mods it has because when I bought it at the dealer the guy told me that it had a mynes performance flash. He didnt know what that meant but he said that it increased hp and tq. Thats why I want to take it to mynes performance and see if they can tell me what flash it has. All i have done to the car since then is the apexn1 catback exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
It's just a flash done by Mynes Performance - they are a shop. How can you not know what mods the car has? I don't know why you keep referring to "what flash it has." It has a flash done according to whatever mods are on the car!! There aren't "types of flashes." A flash is a tune done by reprogramming the ECU. All flashes are different depending on the car, the mods, the climate, the octane, etc etc.

It was flashed for whatever mods were on the car when the car was flashed, and that may not be the same as what was on the car when you bought it if the previous owner removed a lot of mods. It's rare for someone to get a flash but not even have a cat-back, so you may have been flashed for other mods. What you should do is complete your mods, then go get retuned. It's simple.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think that wat im gonna do. Im just gonna add parts and get it flashed to the parts that i put on it. I bought the whole exhaust system myself meaning there was no exhaust when i got it besides the stock one. I bought the catback apexn1 exhaust and a test pipe to eliminate the 02 sensor so ill i need is the down pipe but i already ordered that. the car is fast cause me and my buddy raced and he has a helix downpipe with the dc sports catback exhaust also the mr bov and act street clutch. I beat him by 2 1/2 car lengths. I dont know if I beat him cause my car has more power or cause he just sucks at driving. Something i noticed was that he shifted at like 6500 to 7000rpms but my car is different cause I geared at almost 8500rpms. so do you guys think that the previous owner added something to the car so it could rev to 8500 to 9000rpms. Right now all my evo has a k&n filter and my catback exhaust with the test pipe. as for electronics all it has is apex turbo timer and a boost gauge.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
The test pipe does not eliminate the o2 sensor - not sure what you meant there.

Please do not talk about street racing. There is no way you shifted at 8500 unless your flash is messed up with no rev limiter, and shifting at 8500 would kill your car, not to mention you make no power after 7500rpm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry if you guys think im stupid for asking but im pretty new to the whole evo scene.:eek:
I have another question for you guys some guy sold me an autometer carbon fiber air/fuel ratio gauge. I hooked up the red(power) and the black(ground) wires up but im having trouble finding out what I hook up the purple wire to. I went to autometer.com and found the instruction manual and it says to hook up the purple wire to the o2 sensor signal wire that goes to the ecu. But if im correct dont the evos have 2 o2 sensors (front and rear). I dont know which one to connect it to. So I was wondering if you guys could help me out and tell me what color the wire is on the ecu that im supposed to connect it to.:eek: thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
*sigh* That gauge is useless. It is only going to read narrowband o2s, which means that gauge is nothing but a light show. Being CF just makes it worse. The front o2 sensor is the one that supplies the ECU with the readings you need. You are only supposed to get an AF gauge if it's attached to a wideband o2 sensor...

I thought you said your previous Evo had a GT35R...that's quite an expensive and complicated setup for not knowing basics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes it did have the 35r kit. but i bought the aem a/f ratio gauge for my old evo but i sold it as is with everything i just bought it cause it was cheap so i just wanted to install it but i dont know how thats why i asked you guys if you guys could help me out with the wire color

1 - 20 of 36 Posts