Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I came from the dark side of a dsm, (99 eclipse gst spyder) had the car for 2 years and only put on about 3k on it. ALWAYS something wrong with it. This coming weekend I will be buying my first evo. 2006
I've limited it down to two colors I like, either black or electric blue.
The black car is BRAND new with 100 miles on. I can get it for 29,900.
the Blue one is still a 06 model but has 4,997 miles on it for 28,900

I need to act fast on getting this car, I just wanted to see which car you guys thought i should purchase. Brand spankin new or go with one that has alittle bit of miles on it?
:dsm:

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Damn. :confused:
5K miles is nothing. The interior plastic pieces are still off gassing.
After you buy the car, how soon to you want a turbo back exhaust; the next day or two months?

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
5,000 miles is enough for someone to have beat the crap out of it... especially the clutch. If you plan on a clutch upgrade as one of your first mods get the used one.... but you will spend more than $1000 on a clutch upgrade, so if that is NOT one of your first planed mods you will be spending more mony on the used one than you do on the new one.

Keith

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree with turbo larry 5000 miles is more than enough for a bad clutch and a fiew nasty luanches not only on the clutch but the trany, many people that buy this cars seem to think they can rev the motor realy high and just dump the clutch. I bought my car used with 14,00 miles and ive only had it for about 9 months and my clutch recently went out and I hadent put much abuse on it which means the previous owner must have.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
cul8rv8 said:
I agree with turbo larry 5000 miles is more than enough for a bad clutch

ahhhh, Larry said buy the one with 5000 miles, I am the one who said only if you plan on a clutch job right away....

I know it is confusing having two moderators who both have Red EVO RS's.... mine has the black wheels :thumb:

Keith

1 - 10 of 10 Posts