Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I recently picked up my 2006 IX MR - What can I say, I love the car.

I don't plan on doing any upgrades until my warranty is expired, but after that I have been looking around at the http://www.buschurracing.com/ stages. Still not sure and have a lot of learning to do.

Anyways, hello again from Utah.

Bryan.

P.S. Heres the car (don't mind the oil spots, or the project next to it)

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Welcome! And I see you have a 1G DSM sitting right next to it with 2G GSX wheels. ;)

Hope to see you out at Miller Motorsports Park in 2008 for a NASA track event! Unfortunately we won't be having a NASA event at Miller this year.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome.

Anyone want to place bets on if he really waits 5yrs/100k miles to put on a mod? :p
I may be game, but I'd need to know more about the guy. If he's like me, 5 years is nothing :).

-Coles-, welcome to the forum! I'm stock, as well. Even though I toy with the idea of modding, I know deep inside that I won't do it in part due to warrantee concerns and a lack of concrete, extended reliability/durability/drivability data, and also because I can't outdrive what I have now.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ah Coles, I was once like you. Planning mods that the dealer wouldn't see or care about but that plan fell to pieces in about a week, I'll take that bet.

Jared

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ah Coles, I was once like you. Planning mods that the dealer wouldn't see or care about but that plan fell to pieces in about a week, I'll take that bet.

Jared
Hey, Jared. Would you like to bet on how long it'll take me to mod the drivetrain? :)

Felix

·
Registered
70 Posts
you can tell he owns a 1g, look at the oil in the driveway ;)

on another note, enjoy the car as long as you can. No matter what you do, modding the driver will always be better for speed. enjoy it as long as you can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! And I see you have a 1G DSM sitting right next to it with 2G GSX wheels. ;)

Hope to see you out at Miller Motorsports Park in 2008 for a NASA track event! Unfortunately we won't be having a NASA event at Miller this year.

I actually live about 5 miles from the MMSP. I was at the very least gonna check out the open track days.

As for the 1g, its more or less my Frankenstein project.
Big -16g (probably sawpping it out), Cams, Arp studs/bolts, FMIC, Hallman boost controller, GM MAF w/ MafT, SAFC2, (i know i know dsmlink), Blitz BoV, some other little stupid things gauges etc.

Have the non pop headlight conversion materials in the garage. And a set of complete interior I plan on putting back into it.

Basically it was in really bad shape when I got it. Electrical was completely shredded, It had the 1g auto turbo on it, with the hot side completely cracked open. Compression was low due to poor assembly by the previous owner... all kinds of things. But yea its my project except the wife evicted it from the garage for now. :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts