Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I sound desperate! but I been working on the evo since I got it!
I picked up a Evo 8 little over a week ago! and trying to put it back into stock setting!
well, lets just say TurboX dual stage MBC is removed and greddy BOV is gone!
I have stock BOV still hooked up to Injen intake/IC pipe.
I dont know if this is OK or would cause this problem??
pretty much disconnected both hose running into MBC and plugged it into BCS.
hose from the Wastegate is running into inlet (nipple thats in the middle of the BCS) and the other (turbo nipple hose running into the other on the BCS)
since than, I acquired a boost gauge to see what I am running. I am only running 10-12psi of boost! when I hook the MBC back up, I can boost it up to 20PSI but not really driveable like the 10-12psi setting! and it just doesn't sound safe!
I have also come to another conclusion that the stock BOV might be leaking!
I can hear some hissing on the 10-12psi setting!
well, thats pretty much where I am. I am thinking that something isn;t hooked up correctly? If i take it to the dealer, you think they can fix it?
I checked all the connection and made sure they are intacted and on tight everywhere!
Any suggestions are welcome! I am in learning stage and willing to try anything!
Also, if you have stock intake system/i/c pipes, all the stock hoses that goes with it, I am very interested in them!!

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
The stock boost solenoid acts as a bleeder valve and is controled by the ECU. You need to have a line going from the boost source on the lower intercooler pipe to the wastgate actuator that has a "T" fitting on it. Then from the T fitting you need a line to the BCS. Then from the BCS you need a line plumbed back into the intake. If the injen intake don't have a nipple to attatch this last hose it can be left vented to the atmosphere without problems.

Hope this helps,

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
jacquichin said:
I dont know if this is OK or would cause this problem??
pretty much disconnected both hose running into MBC and plugged it into BCS.
hose from the Wastegate is running into inlet (nipple thats in the middle of the BCS) and the other (turbo nipple hose running into the other on the BCS)
No, it doesn't sound right. Try this;
First take a 6 to 8 inch piece of 4mm vacuum line and connect the turbo nipple to the nipple on the wastegate.
Once it's connected, get a sharp knife, cut it in half, and insert a tee.
Run a vacuum line from the tee, to the bottom nipple of the BCS.
Remember, a boost souce (turbo nipple) needs to be connected to the wastegate and teed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info again!
thats pretty much what I'm dealing with right now!
I did have the turbo nipple and wastegate Teed and into BCS.
for some reason that still didn;t work!
I just got done ordering the actual piece from the dealer!
the t fitting on the factory piece is little different!
I'm not sure if this will fix the problem or not!
all I know right now at this point: I am only running the boost from the wastegate not BCS.
thanks for the help again! but still confused about the boost source!!
if you see Fourdoor's post, he said something about boost source on lower I/C pipe?
I am going with boost source (turbo nipple)!

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
jacquichin said:
if you see Fourdoor's post, he said something about boost source on lower I/C pipe?
I am going with boost source (turbo nipple)!

Some aftermarket intercooler piping might have a boost source nipple. Stock piping does not. Your using the right source on the turbo's copressor housing.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
turbolarry said:
Some aftermarket intercooler piping might have a boost source nipple. Stock piping does not. Your using the right source on the turbo's copressor housing.
Neither my stock turbo, nor my EVO VI TME turbo have a boost source nipple on them. Stock I had a boost nipple on the lower IC pipe, but my upgraded lower IC pipe from Buscher doesn't have this nipple. That is why I use the line from the Manifold to the BOV as my boost source just like everyone else with the Buschur lower IC pipe (comes with the delux FMIC setup).

What year EVO do you have Larry? Mine is an 03.... but I find it hard to believe that they are this different year to year.

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Fourdoor said:
What year EVO do you have Larry? Mine is an 03.... but I find it hard to believe that they are this different year to year.

Keith
I have an 04. That's a trip. I just assumed everyone else's would be like mine. My 2g had a boost source on the compressor housing too, so I thought nothing of it. :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts