Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is wanting to spend around 300 bucks on something for his ix. I'm telling him just to wait and buy a catback or wait even longer and buy a turboback. What would you do with 300 dollars? He is looking at tein springs and I was wondering if they actually improve handling (as in is that even possible) ? Is there something else he should get? Remember he is a civic ricer at heart its hard to talk him into certain things lol.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Teins are not the way to go they are too soft. If your friend is looking at just springs then look at tanabe GF210's, Hotchikis or swift. I would wait for the TBE, MBC, and a retune and do it all at once!

·
Registered
130 Posts
the first ~300 i spent on my car:
mr bov, hallman pro boost controller ~21psi, and a walbro 255lph fuel pump

unless he doesn't plan on doing any speed mods in the future

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Since he has a IX; boost controller. If that money is really burning a hole in his pocket tell him to buy a used catback.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He also can't really let his mom know he's modding the car yet, but he has a boost controller I think its bout time he puts that on and gets the e-flash

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
That's nothing. I've helped someone install an HKS turbo kit without his mom's knowledge. :laugh:
Tell him to come on the boards, because this second hand info stuff doesn't work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
First mod I did to my IX was the cat-back and it only cost me 230 from ebay. Yes, thats right ebay fit perfect and looks good. Would have loved to go with BR or a bigger company but paying 800+ for a TBE is crazy in my book. I can get the DP for about 110 also to finish off the exhaust. Now im saving up for a MBC and guage to go along with an e-flash.

·
Registered
22 Posts
FYI, a DP doesn't finish off the exhaust - you still need a cat replacement, but that's the least expensive part of the exhaust usually.
Yeah I know but Im going with a DP that has no cat so that would finish it up for me. But yeah first 300 dollars should go into a MBC + a flash IMO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Which one-piece DP is only $110? I know of the DC Sports, but it's not that cheap.
Anything is possible on eBay...

dyablo said:
Would have loved to go with BR or a bigger company but paying 800+ for a TBE is crazy in my book.
No, not crazy. You get what you pay for. Buschurs exhausts put out the most power for their respectable size. Not only that, they sound damn good and shave quite a bit of weight too.

wvturbo2 = 2 options... #1 = Buschur filter kit, mbc, self-flash. #2 = boost gauge, mbc, flash (either mail in or someone local that can EcuFlash).

If it were me: I would choose #1 but somehow get a boost gauge in there as well first.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes anything is possible on eBay. About the BR exhaust that is not what I tried to say; sure it flows better and its not as heavy.its a great piece for anyone who has the money for it. Me one the other hand could not afford it and I'm not going all out in mods yet so I'm sure the eBay piece will get the job done.perhaps one day I will get the (but that another story.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts