Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looing for a good intercooler to support my GT35. Ive been looking at the Buschur Race core, but it seems that the HKS and Nisei are a better choice. But i really dont know. Just trying to get an opinion on what yall would choose and why.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
What made you say that those 2 are looking like a better choice? I can't imagine where you'd get that idea. The Nisei is nice, but it doesn't compare to the Buschur Race core. HKS? Other than being a name brand, I don't know why it would be better. The Buschur Race core has gone 10s and 9s on multiple cars. There are other large FMICs that work well, but you'd be hard pressed to show me cars running faster on the Nisei than the Buschur Race...

As for AMS, their big one is top notch.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just asking around, seems like that nisei or the HKS would have been a better choice. Personally here where i live, alot of people are running the Nisei, and the AMS. I think i am going to aim for the Buschur Race core, with there upper pipe. But thats just me though. There is only one person in HI (Oahu) running the GT35, hes sitting right at 450whp, and told me Nisei would be a better choice, Moving from AMS.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Since your looking at drag strip action, than a bar plate will suite you. The HKS is a tube and fin style which is more for track stuff. So it's really down to Nisei IC vs. Buschur race core;
If your looking to keep things more street then go with the Nisei.
If your going to push that GT35 to the max and your chasing a magic number then go with the BR race core. Hack and cut what you need to and make that 4 inch thick monster fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts