Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called a local shop to see hoe much they wanted to install my EGT and boost gauge.......$300 I was told.......I hung up laughing my a$$ off...

I mean, come on now.....just because I don't know how to install gauges doesn't mean I'm dumb! I won't ever call that place again!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow!!! That's insane man. It's really easy to do. Just make sure that you have a really good bit of the proper size and a good tap. It helps to start with a smaller drill bit if you are going to do it with the turbo on. Also, applying some wd40 or other lubricant helps with the drilling.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yea the lubricant really helps to save the drill bit.

Installing gauges is a sinch.

Only thing is, when you guys do it, do you have to cut a slit in the steering boot, or is there another way where you don't have to cut anything...thats what I would want to do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i know nothing about evos, but i would not cut through the boot if you don't have to. i personally like a sealed cockpit especially on a brand new car(lucky asses)

i would just drill a hole that is about the right size for your wires/vacume line and then try and seal it up with some sylicone. or if its not a big deal about sealing don't worry about the sylicone, but i would still drill a hole in the fire wall for it cuz your steering wheel moves around and stuff and you wouldn't wanna kink your vac hose for your boost gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts