Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, so i have searched around and not really found what i was looking for

my car is driven daily nothing special and that is about it

i need to replace my rear pads and don't feel like spending $200.00 and would much rather spend half of that for pads that are (i am sure) just as good

i am wondering what peoples feelings are on different pads? the ebc green stuff seemed to catch my eye, but there is also hawk, project mu, and ferodo

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Project Mu Tyne NS, stock feel but better stopping power and 10 times less brake dust! I think they are like $75 shipped

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright so i got the pads and i am going to change them tonight, i have changed many brake pads in the past and done a lot of work on many different brake systems but never on a car with such a high performance braking system as this
so what i am wondering is if there is anything special that i must do when changing them? or do i just put them on just like any other car?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Nah, it's simple. Just remove the pins and the retaining clip, then pull the pads out and put the new ones in. The only thing you'll have to deal with is pushing the pistons back in order to get the thicker pads in. Takes a little effort, but it's no big deal.

Oh, I guess the only thing to be sure you do is get some nice grease for the backing plates so that they don't squeal.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks a lot
all changed, pretty simple
i liked the nice pins that just slide out, followed by the brake pads...its pretty nice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts