Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know if this happens a lot, but most of the evos(includin mine) i've seen(in my area) have an oxidation and clear coat "peeling problem" on the carbon fiber part of the wing. does this happen to anyone else and is it covered under warranty? mine is not bad right now, but i have seen worse.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
It is very common and should be covered under warranty, but some dealers try to snake their way out of it by saying you waxed it wrong, washed with an abrasive compound, scrubbed it too hard, or simply that the wing is not covered. Hopefully, your local dealer is cool.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have heard some rumors on peeling wings. I have heard that Mits is only replacing one per car now. I don't know how true it is, but it would really suck if this is true. The same goes for brake callipers also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i just noticed today that two of my calipers are startin to peel also. no big deal to me it just sucks that the car is only a year old and its startin to peel.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
You can get those replaced, too, through Mitsu. Brembo finally decided to pay up for all the peeling calipers, so Mitsu will accept them if they agree they are peeling. Several guys have done it here locally with no hassle. I tried, but got denied, however mine were only dirty from racing...there was no peeling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts