Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it seems I will be the first to post in here, which means probably no one from this site will go to this event but it's worth a try anyway.

My name is Patrick Sweeny and I am a dirft over from both the Subaru and DSM boards, both of which i frequent. This thread is to promote an annual charity race event, the Auto-cross for a cure.

The event is hosted every year at the Washington County airport. It is to raise money to help find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis. For anyone that doesn't know, MS is a neurological disease that causes the body to attack its own nervous system like it's a disease, slowly killing it. This race was started by someone who was diagnosed with the disease and is also a car enthusiast. She is also a good friend of mine.

The cost is $20 to race and $3 to watch. It is an SCCA sanctioned event with points and everything, which means yes, there will be car inspection and a helmet is required. Sign-ups are limited to 150 cars, i'm not sure how many spots have been filled. To sign up or recieve more information please visit www.autocrossforacure.com .

Thank you for your time and i hope to see some of you guys there for an awesome day of racing for a great cause! :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the race is over and done with. rained off and on but the race went off without a hitch, just effected spectator turnout is all. overall we raised about $3100 which tops our amount last year by a little. hope to see everyone there next year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts