Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some people use their EVO as their daily driver, but there are some that will be garaging their car to do some work to get it ready for next season. What's the plan? What parts will be going on?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
- Ohlins coilovers with bushings, 700f/900r springs, helper springs, top hats, etc. with a street alignment, race alignment, and major fender rolling
- Shep trans - 5spd conversion from 6spd
- Switching around 3 sets of rims and tires so that my new race rubber is on my new race rims (done), my drag/street summer tires are on my lightweight BBS MR rims, and my Blizzaks are on my cheap-o Rota Torques
- 4 custom flash tunes for road racing, street, drag, and auto-x
- Upgrading to a stock IX turbo

·
Registered
171 Posts
As much as I loathe to do it, I'll be storing the car for the Winter. I'll be installing MR Bilsteins/springs and the GTSpec trunk cage that I had in my old RS. Come Spring, I'm seriously considering a custom tune. I'm not terribly comfortable with a mail-in, except possibly for the Works product, so I'll be driving to a tuner to have it done. Innovative Tuning is about an hour away and Buscher is about a 5 hour drive.

Felix

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy crap Clay - you're going all out! I thought you were waiting until the thing was paid off to turn it into a full blow track car :p

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FJF said:
As much as I loathe to do it, I'll be storing the car for the Winter. I'll be installing MR Bilsteins/springs and the GTSpec trunk cage that I had in my old RS. Come Spring, I'm seriously considering a custom tune. I'm not terribly comfortable with a mail-in, except possibly for the Works product, so I'll be driving to a tuner to have it done. Innovative Tuning is about an hour away and Buscher is about a 5 hour drive.

Felix
Sounds like a solid plan - you plan to do any track events next year?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Ludachris said:
Holy crap Clay - you're going all out! I thought you were waiting until the thing was paid off to turn it into a full blow track car :p
That's still the case. It doesn't get caged until then, so I'll just be doing Time Trials. I want to be competitive for the top in SM within SCCA auto-x, and I want to be competitive in TTU within NASA time trials. I will also try to do SCCA time trials, but I haven't done any events with them yet, so I'm not sure how it works.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i guess it is that time of the year already,

im finally doin cams along with my 60k maitnence water pump, t-belt, etc.
doin brakes RRE slotted rotors all the way around with project Mu b pads
and hopefully ill get some rims to by spring but who knows

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I just put the snow tires on the car last week.... hope to add a car to the family of vehicles this winter since that is the best time financially to by a convertible. I hope to soon be the owner of a 3000GT VR-4 Spyder :)

Keith

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fourdoor said:
I just put the snow tires on the car last week.... hope to add a car to the family of vehicles this winter since that is the best time financially to by a convertible. I hope to soon be the owner of a 3000GT VR-4 Spyder :)

Keith
So you're looking for a heavy AWD tank of a convertible, huh Keith? At least it's turbo-AWD :)

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Ludachris said:
So you're looking for a heavy AWD tank of a convertible, huh Keith? At least it's turbo-AWD :)
2 tons of fun baby! Yup, they are heavy as hell but with 320 hp to push them around they are not bad. I had a 3000GT VR-4 back in the day, and always though that the Spyder looked better with the top up than the coupe did with the hatch back design. I miss having a convertible, and love the idea of a hard top convertible that looks just as good with the top up as it looks with the top down.

Keith

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fourdoor said:
2 tons of fun baby! Yup, they are heavy as hell but with 320 hp to push them around they are not bad. I had a 3000GT VR-4 back in the day, and always though that the Spyder looked better with the top up than the coupe did with the hatch back design. I miss having a convertible, and love the idea of a hard top convertible that looks just as good with the top up as it looks with the top down.

Keith
No disagreement there. If we did a convertible again I'd be pushing for a hardtop convertible - not just for looks but for road noise and stability.

·
Registered
32 Posts
winter tires, and tryin my damn best to keep it clean, all while saving up for wheels and exhaust for early next year.
any tips for keepin it clean during winter though???

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cams, upgraded front mount and some porting on various engine parts. Untill then I'll powerslide my 1990 Dodge 500 (POS) truck around in the snow.

Jared

1 - 19 of 19 Posts