Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i gas my evo it seems like i lost power, when i first had it, it was fast it back fire and all that but now something seems wrong like i lost power alot after 6 rpm and it doesnt go to redline as quick no more, when i shift fast my car doesnt back fire as how it was bfore, is it just me and thats how it was before? or something is wrong with my car liek when i try to pass 4000 rpm at fourth gear it goes 4000 bogs down to 3500 and goes back up to 4000 stays there for a while than goes back up.......

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would like to know the answer to ur question TSiBER RYDER cuz am picking up my car on monday and i sure as hell want to do the right break in.
I was gonna go for the hard break in
----> http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
but i guess it causes the turbo too loose boost pressure later on!!!??? Someone who honestly knows what is the best step come forward or forever hold ur peace. ;)

Cheers boys

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Nobody can ever figure out what imermental is talking about.... so it is pretty hard to help him.

On the subject of break in, my car was broken in gently for the first 600 miles, and then driven hard. Within 1500 miles I was running a full Buschur Racing stage 4 setup plus sheet metal intake manifold and GT-35R turbo. I trust Buschur, and his normal break in is to drive the living dog snot out of a car from day one.

Keith

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Sounds like the clutch is slipping, but he doesn't know how to explain it.

I'm confused by you talking about it not having power after 6k rpm, but then you say it has a problem at 4k rpm. If you floor it from 3000rpm in high gear, it hits boost, then the rpms jump up without accelerating, then the rpms fall BACK DOWN, t hen the car accelerates again, then it's your clutch.

Don't you have a new 06? Why was it backfiring when you bought it? It shouldn't be backfiring unless you've done some mods without tuning or something. I need more info to help you, but it sounds like your clutch is slipping.

Also, if you have the stock intake with the stock plastic intake snorkel that feeds air from under the hood to the stock airbox, then make sure it is fastened down by BOTH clips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts