Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked into the BR stage 1 kit and your kit and each kit has its differences so what are the differences in hp gains. What is the reasoning for the differences?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
The reasoning for the differences are that Buschur has had his own business and own stages for years. I came out of nowhere as a regular Evo owner, put together some cheap, reliable, powerful parts, then went very fast using those parts. When people would ask for my advice on what to get, I'd always give them the same combo of parts as my suggestion. Well, that eventually turned into a package sold by a local shop in DC who was sponsoring me. Then, over time, Buschur wanted to sell a package using my philosophy to see if it would increase sales. Well, they've sold probably 25 packages in the last 3-4 months, so it is working. The reason it works is because the parts are basic, proven, inexpensive, and powerful without negatively affecting drivability.

There is no real power difference between my package and the BR1, but my particular package includes all the parts you need to have a complete stage 1 setup (meaning you're not missing anything and are ready to mod further), and I have no mods that are NOT necessary. I like to be efficient, streamlined, powerful, and simple. That's why my package is built the way it is...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoa fellas! Is there something I am missing here? Are the kits quality or whaaat?
Warrtalon, what is the price difference between your kit and BR stage 1? Does your kit come with the boost gauge? Alright no more questions

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Ryno, don't worry, I'll be deleting all that drivel soon. Zhemel just has a chip on his shoulder and is always trying to find some way to attack me. Unfortunately for him, he's wrong about anything and has nothing worthwhile to say.

The packages are both high quality with the best parts. YOu need to look at the contents of the BR Stg1 and my package to see the exact differences. My package has things that are combined in multiple BR stages, so you can't compare them directly for the Evo VIII. The IX package is just about identical. All of them include a boost gauge.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am getting one of the kits regardless. I just want to get the most for my money BR 1 has the air filter kit and dp you kit doesn't, but you kit has the fuel pump. So I am trying to figure what I need vs. want vs. what is necessary. As you can tell this is my first tuner.
I am an ex-V8 guy (easy stuff)

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Well, mine doesn't have an intake, because I don't believe in intakes with the stock turbo on basic mods. The stock airbox is pretty awesome and works well without much of a restriction. The fuel pump is very important to the point that Dynoflash now will not tune an VIII unless it has an upgraded fuel pump. Too many spun rod bearings in modded Evos with the stock fuel pump...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts