Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on ordering the Warrtalon package from Buschur this week, and was planning on getting the test pipe option on the TBE. Where I am in PA, there's no emissions inspections, just visual.

So, is it possible to swap out the test pipe for the stock Evo catalytic converter when going in for the test? I was just wondering if it would bolt right up without too much difficulty.

Or is there a better option out there?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Actually, it doesn't quite work that way with the BR TBE, because it's a slip-fit design. The stock cat is flanged on both ends, but the BR test pipe is flanged only on the DP side, then it's slip-fit on the cat-back side. What that means is that you would need to keep your stock DP and stock cat in order to change them out for visual inspection. It's still easy, but not quite as easy as only swapping out the cat for the test pipe.

This is the method I use for inspection.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information.

As you said, while not quite as easy as just swapping out the test pipe for the cat, it still isn't that bad for something you only do once a year.

I'm actually hoping to get the car inspected before I put the exhaust on so that I don't have to worry about it at all this year!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank-you for the correction.

As you said, it doesn't sound any more difficult, so I don't forsee any problems.

Looking forward to getting the car modified, as everything I've read says it's a day and night difference from the stock Evo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You could take apart your heat shields and have it welded onto your test pipe before you put it on. I've seen someone's finished product and it looks GOOD! That way you'll never have to swap a thing out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts