Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a turbo xs mbc on my evo and have it set to 1.3 bar or 18psi (whatever). Well recently I noticed that in first gear, it runs 1.3 fine, but in every other gear, it is running 1.5 and above. I don't know why this is happening and I don't know if it's the weather like someone told me or what. Also I bought the car with the mbc on the car already and I'm not sure which way's up or down. Is this normal and I should just turn it down or is it something else that's wrong. The only other mods I have is the bushur turboback with testpipe and buschur cone replacement filter. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
In colder weather, your boost can go up. We usually have to turn it down some when it gets colder.

To adjust the MBC, the NORMAL mode of operation is to turn counter-clockwise to lower boost and clockwise to raise boost.

Btw, in addition to using Evotuners.net, you should join our local forum at DcEvoClub.com.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fixed it yesterday and it turns out that mine was clockwise to lower and ccw to increase boost but I got it and appreciate the help and will look into the dcevoclub.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Excalibur said:
I have a turbo xs mbc on my evo and have it set to 1.3 bar or 18psi (whatever). Well recently I noticed that in first gear, it runs 1.3 fine, but in every other gear, it is running 1.5 and above. I don't know why this is happening and I don't know if it's the weather like someone told me or what. Also I bought the car with the mbc on the car already and I'm not sure which way's up or down. Is this normal and I should just turn it down or is it something else that's wrong. The only other mods I have is the bushur turboback with testpipe and buschur cone replacement filter. Any help would be appreciated.
The engine is not loaded up enough in first gear to produce the correct boost level. That is why it boosts higher in the higher gears especially in fifth where you will see it creap slightly and hold for lenghts you wish 3rd gear would. Good luck

Alfred at TTech

1 - 5 of 5 Posts