Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up going on EVO Tuners?!? Well I finally One-Up myself. I got rid of my Hyundai Tiburon and got me my 06 EVO IX MR. I've been wanting to get the EVO for quite sometime now and now I got it and it kicks ass! I've been reading the forums for the past several weeks getting aquainted and decided to become a member, especially now that I have one. Well hope to hear back on some feedback on what my first mods should be. I want to do it right so give all the comments/suggestions that you can think of. Hope to be welcomed into the EVO-Tuner world. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Welcome to the Evo community.
Welcome to EvoTuners.
Welcome to the baddest possible Evo so far (IX MR).

As for first mods, it's very simple. I call it the Warrtalon package! :D
- Buschur Racing Turboback exhaust (catless or hi-flow cat)
- Forge UNOS Manual Boost Controller + boost gauge and steering column pod
- Dynoflash ECU Tune

Simple and basic for a low price that includes shipping from Buschur Racing.

That's the specific answer. The general answer is to be sure you get an exhaust, mbc, and tune. Those are the 3 basic stg1 mods for the Evo. You don't need an intake, a bov, or any IC pipes. Those 3 mods can get you in the 330whp range on 93oct and have been proven to work wonderfully time and time again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I have heard of the Warrtalon package. I am looking into it, I appreciate it.

Warrtalon said:
Welcome to the Evo community.
Welcome to EvoTuners.
Welcome to the baddest possible Evo so far (IX MR).

As for first mods, it's very simple. I call it the Warrtalon package! :D
- Buschur Racing Turboback exhaust (catless or hi-flow cat)
- Forge UNOS Manual Boost Controller + boost gauge and steering column pod
- Dynoflash ECU Tune

Simple and basic for a low price that includes shipping from Buschur Racing.

That's the specific answer. The general answer is to be sure you get an exhaust, mbc, and tune. Those are the 3 basic stg1 mods for the Evo. You don't need an intake, a bov, or any IC pipes. Those 3 mods can get you in the 330whp range on 93oct and have been proven to work wonderfully time and time again.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome to the evo family.....now I know getting rid of the tiburon:cry: was hard and everything(its called a shark for a reason) and I know it was super fast but you just purchased the top of the line evo so hopfully that will make losing the tiburon easier to cope with.:D

Jared

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah, getting the MR helped out a lot in getting rid of the Tib but now I am really interesting into getting my MR done right. So what ever suggestions you can provide will help out. This is also my first time owning a turbo charged car so I have a lot to learn.

06evors said:
Welcome to the evo family.....now I know getting rid of the tiburon:cry: was hard and everything(its called a shark for a reason) and I know it was super fast but you just purchased the top of the line evo so hopfully that will make losing the tiburon easier to cope with.:D

Jared

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know exactly how you feel. I had to wait a year to get my Evo. Every time I saw one on the road, parking lot, etc, I just wanted to go out get mine right there, but had to take care of other things first. I'm happy now!

emd645e3 said:
Welcome aboard! I'm still waiting to get my Evo. Sorta really impatient right now, but it's well worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
The Senator said:
Oh yeah, getting the MR helped out a lot in getting rid of the Tib but now I am really interesting into getting my MR done right. So what ever suggestions you can provide will help out. This is also my first time owning a turbo charged car so I have a lot to learn.

Start by reading the first reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it. I planning on a HKS exhuast, the Forge mbc, not quite sure which boost gauge to go with. As far as the reflash and tune, do you recommend a particular shop or method. I was considering going to Vivid Racing to get this done, especially since they are local to me. Thanks.

Warrtalon said:
Start by reading the first reply.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
My suggestions for that were in my reply. Is there a reason you want an HKS exhaust. All you'll get for the price is a hole in your pocket. There are many exhausts out there that are better and cost less. Unless you have a JDM-yo thing going on, then there's not much reason to get an HKS exhaust. Up to you, though. The Forge MBC is the best, but boost gauges don't really matter that much. People pay many hundreds for Defi gauges when a $30 on works just fine. Again, that's up to you. Whatever you decide for tuning, please do not go to Vivid. They are not expert Evo tuners, and they are widely hated by the Evo community for many transgressions in the past. I'd avoid them at all costs. I don't know exactly where you are, so I can't make alternative suggestions for your area quite yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, no JDM-yo thing. Alright thumbs up for the Forge MBC. Yeah I'm not paying all that money for the Defi gauges, they look great and all, thats about it that I can see. Do you know anything about these gauges? http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/
They are low cost and done some reading and no one has any complaints. Thanks for the Vivid info. I am located in Chandler, AZ so if you know of any shops in the area, please let me know. And where does all the animosity from Vivid come from? Just want to get spun up on anything else I should know. Is there anything you can tell me on the AMS or Perrin exhuasts?

Warrtalon said:
My suggestions for that were in my reply. Is there a reason you want an HKS exhaust. All you'll get for the price is a hole in your pocket. There are many exhausts out there that are better and cost less. Unless you have a JDM-yo thing going on, then there's not much reason to get an HKS exhaust. Up to you, though. The Forge MBC is the best, but boost gauges don't really matter that much. People pay many hundreds for Defi gauges when a $30 on works just fine. Again, that's up to you. Whatever you decide for tuning, please do not go to Vivid. They are not expert Evo tuners, and they are widely hated by the Evo community for many transgressions in the past. I'd avoid them at all costs. I don't know exactly where you are, so I can't make alternative suggestions for your area quite yet.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Honestly, if you want a gauge that looks good as well as functions properly just get a simple autometer gauge and buy a red sleve (you can find these at pep boys or any related stores) so it matches the stock gauge cluster. Thats what I did on my car and it looks great.

Jared

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool, can you shoot me a PM of the pics/tips of the install? Thanks.

06evors said:
Honestly, if you want a gauge that looks good as well as functions properly just get a simple autometer gauge and buy a red sleve (you can find these at pep boys or any related stores) so it matches the stock gauge cluster. Thats what I did on my car and it looks great.

Jared

1 - 13 of 13 Posts