Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
By no means. The IX ECU is different and has way more going on. Even the harness is different with 3 plugs instead of 4 plugs, then you have the MIVEC and 6 timing maps instead of 2.

I do not recommend trying to use the SAFC with the IX, because:

1) There's no ECU harness yet, so you would be splicing your ECU wires directly
2) You can't modify or manipulate the MIVEC
3) You can gain 30-40whp alone with just a basic flash for $199 even with no other mods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Warrtalon said:
By no means. The IX ECU is different and has way more going on. Even the harness is different with 3 plugs instead of 4 plugs, then you have the MIVEC and 6 timing maps instead of 2.

I do not recommend trying to use the SAFC with the IX, because:

1) There's no ECU harness yet, so you would be splicing your ECU wires directly
2) You can't modify or manipulate the MIVEC
3) You can gain 30-40whp alone with just a basic flash for $199 even with no other mods.
That is bad news :cry: because I already have a SAFC with the evo8 wiring patch harness. What other mods you recommend? Boost controller, etc.. and where I can get the flash?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
jerrymldz said:
That is bad news :cry: because I already have a SAFC with the evo8 wiring patch harness. What other mods you recommend? Boost controller, etc.. and where I can get the flash?
Yeah, well sell that thing. It won't work on your IX.

The basics on the IX are:

- TBE
- MBC + boost gauge
- Flash

With those basic, cheap mods, you can get 330-350whp depending on if you get a base flash or custom flash. This also assumes 93oct, but even with 91oct, the IXs blow away the VIIIs.

I will PM you with brand/vendor/flash details.

·
Registered
29 Posts
+1 the situation with SAFC is a smug one. I would definately follow the path that Warrtalon said. And for the little extra money do a custom flash:thumb:

Jey Morris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts