Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple pics of the 2.3 going back in the Shop Evo... We were painting Brians (quinnie) vortex generator and I decided to hit the valve cover too. So far this is a stock head with new stock valves, BC springs & retainers, BC 280 cams. In the block we are using a Toda stroker crank, Crower Rods, and CP Pistons with all ARP fasteners and Cometic 85.5 head gasket. Going to break the engine in this weekend possibly driving it up to Sonic if it is nice and strap it to the Dyno next week. Gearing up to go to NOPI in Phoenix March 17th and have some fun with the Shop Evo. Maxx @ Mynes Performance is going to strap it down to his dyno on Friday March 16th and we will make sure she has a safe enough tune for Sea-Level.

After NOPI I will bring her back home with me and we will swap heads with another head that my cousin ported for me next-door @ Madcap Racing Engines. The new head has quite a bit done to it and flows quite a bit more cfm's then we expected. It still has a lot of work to be done and I will keep you posted as we test it. Hopefully a year from now we will be offering complete head work to your specs and budget. We are going to test the crap out of it to make sure there is no flaws and give accurate HP and CFM gains.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ugg... What a pain in the a$$ Evo's can be sometimes. Blew the SC63 Precision turbo last weekend, caught it before it sent any trash through the engine. Full-Race hooked me up with a GT37R H.O. ballbearing turbo. Spools nice! Leaving in the AM to go to Phoenix for NOPI and scheduled to hit the dyno Friday afternoon.:thumb:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Update on Rebuild & new numbers

So as most of you may know our Shop Evo dropped a valve about a year ago due to reasons some of you know Link to story and with some of our free time we managed to rebuild it last winter but we had to start all over again with a new head since the old head was trashed. We have had a VERY busy summer here at CarZ and did not have much time to work on our Evo because we were busy working on customers cars. Well it is that time of year when it slows down a bit and we decided to bolt on a freshly ported head by MADCAP and hook up the nitrous to see what we could get.

Our old numbers with a DPR ported head was 546awhp & 430tq @ 28psi. With the stock head (un-ported) we managed to get roughly 560awhp & 450tq @ 28psi. After a long summer of fighting ignition problems we gained another 20hp with the new ignition setup (Buschur COP). After getting the EPIC EVO tuned the other day we decided to strap our Evo to the dyno today and made 639awhp & 501tq @ 29psi on boost alone. After re-wiring the nitrous system to my likings we decided to make a few nitrous pulls with the highest numbers netting 810awhp & 661tq @ 28psi. This is a new record for the highest horsepower car ever to dyno @ CarZ Performance. As most of you know this is NOT a high reading dyno but as we like to say a more "accurate" dyno. There have been some mean Supra's, Nova's, Vipers and even Dodge Cummins on our load bearing dyno that were very close but none over 800hp. That certain Dodge Cummins still holds the torque record for 1660tq though which is normal for diesels to have almost double torque than horsepower.

Here is a dyno chart for you to view, keep in mind we are not done yet. I am sure there is some more hidden power in this Evo and we will manage to extract it soon.

Click for video

http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w287/Babyhuey10/?action=view&current=ShopDyno_0001.flv

·
Registered
861 Posts
I want it. Thats all I have to say. lol maybe One day ill be up there, but not anytime soon tho.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Fu**ing awesome Lucas!!! That is some SERIOUS power. Very nice looking curve. I don't even know what to say. Makes builds like mine seem petty and insignifigant! I'm impressed!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fu**ing awesome Lucas!!! That is some SERIOUS power. Very nice looking curve. I don't even know what to say. Makes builds like mine seem petty and insignifigant! I'm impressed!
Thanks man, I have been waiting for this day to come for awhile now. Too bad we got rained out at Pueblo today otherwise I would be posting 1/4 mile times also.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Nice Job!!!Lucas......cant wait to ride (drive) that Evo.

I would think that was the most horsepower for any evo in the Rockys. Not really sure on that, so dont quote me.

tobz

PS That video made my day.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
More Updates:

Just installed a custom Jack Built tranny and upgraded T-case with a Exedy Triple Disk Clutch. Also upgraded the axles with Driveshaft shop stage 5 axles front and back. Most likely be cruising it around next weekend breaking in the tranny. Still on the list to do is Carbonetic LSD's front and rear, I have them but just need to put them in.

Can't wait for racing season to start to see what this bitch can do!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh yea, it has the tapered roller bearing in it along with bronze double syncros. The fastest Scooby that I know of is Scuba Steve from Colorado Springs, he has run low 11's and I think he may have cracked into the 10's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts