Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just bought my evo last october and still doing research into what is the best way to go on enhancing my car's excellent performance. I would like to put a exhaust, manual boost controller, air intake, and a blow off valve. Would really appreciate some different opinons on what is the best manufactuers for the evo in those departments. Thanks for all the help. All bow to the EVO

·
Registered
86 Posts
You're in the Rocky Mountain region so you've got some knowledgable folks in that area. You already have an awesome BOV so unless you like to waste money or just want the additional sound don't bother. If you've done some searching as you say I would assume you've come across the Buschur/Warrtalon stg. 1 pkg. that'll get you what you need to make over 300 whp with room to grow should you want to up the boost a bit with some race gas.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Hey man, welcome to the Evo community, and especially welcome to EvoTuners. We're hoping to make this the best place to come for great tech support and comraderie among Evos.

As for mods, Mdog mentioned a few key points:

1) Your stock BOV is excellent and should not be changed - at least not until you have a need to run more boost than the stock BOV is capable of holding efficiently.

2) I created a package based off what I think is the best combo of mods for both VIIIs and IXs. It bears my name, and Buschur Racing sells the kits - I do not sell anything, but they liked my idea on basic stg 1 mods. The kit for the IX includes a 3" Buschur Racing Turboback Exhaust (TBE), a Forge UNOS Manual Boost Controller (MBC), a steering column pod + boost gauge, and a flash (tune) perfected for those mods. Since it's a package, there is a built-in discount to help you save money. The TBE and MBC are tops on the market in terms of quality and power, and the flash was designed by David Buschur himself. Now, by no means must you get that exact package or those exact brands, but they are a great guideline for what you should do. Notice that there is no intake included - that's because an intake is not really needed due to the stock intake being very good. The stock intake is protected from the hot engine air and has an air scoop that funnels cold, external air directly to the filter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for your insight I really need all the info I can get. I really enjoy driving my evo and just want to make it more enjoyable. I will look into the mods you mentioned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I'm going to make the bov a upgrade only If I have to. I checked out the Buschur website and it is awsome. I have had a couple people tell me to go with the Invidia Exhaust perrin manual boost control what do you think about those hop ups warrtalon

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I would love to know who told you to get those mods, because they don't make much sense to me. I'm guessing it's a Subie owner? Perrin is not the vendor of choice for Evo parts. Invidia is ok, but there are better exhausts on the market to choose from...

For MBCs, I'd choose nothing besides the Forge UNOS or Hallman Pro, and between those two, the Forge has one feature that sets it apart. With exhausts, you can do Buschur, AMS, etc., but be sure that it's an exhaust that is light, has no neckdowns, and is full 3" throughout with the least amount of bends possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts