Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, went to install my o2 housing saturday and guess what? In a real fit of genius mitsu cross threaded o2 sensor into the stock housing. I was so ticked off I sold my megan o2 housing on the spot to another evo own ROFL

At this point, I'm not spending $190 to replace a sensor for a $120 mod. If the stupid thing ever goes bad, I'll think about it then.

In the mean time, I'll just pick up a LICP :cool:

·
Registered
441 Posts
My rear 02 was crossthreaded on my IX. I've had quite a few people report to me that they've also had the same problem.

Thankfully my front 02 wasn't stripped.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I wasn't able too. I ended up having to buy a new rear 02 at some INSANE ammount. It is NOT cheap!

I was finally able to break it loose from the cat, but it literally sheared the threads off the sensor leaving them in the cat.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're sure it was cross-threaded, or was it just hard to get out? It's one of the most difficult things to break loose on the car. The rear o2 is also very difficult the first time.
It was definately cross threaded. Got it loose with a little effort, but more than a couple of turns it would tighten up solid again. I could have gotten it out, but I would have left most of threads behind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts