Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 Evo sunroof wasn't able to close just the other day. As of today, I went to the dealership and they say that it would about $620 plus taxes. They also said that it is recommended to replace the motor which operates the sunroof. At first my sunroof wasn't able to close. But the good thing is IS that they closed it for free? I was surprised I didn't have to pay anything. But one thing I learned was that if you have a sunroof on your car, never throw or get on top of your car because the sunroof motor and parts lie within it. $620 DOLLARS!! That is alot of MONEY!! As of right now, it is closed but the sunroof is tilted and does have a little opening. To pay $620 to resuse my sunroof again? I'm going to have to wait and think hard on that. If you guys have any advice or cheaper ideas? Let me know!

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
He's out of warranty on the bumper-to-bumper, since it's an 03. I am doubting that he has the knowledge or capacity to fix a motorized sunroof. Best bet is to just get a quote elsewhere at an auto body shop or sound shop that does installs/repairs on things like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts