Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if its a good idea to swap out the turbo's from the 8 to a 9. I gotta 05 gsr so just curious. Or would it be better to build around the the turbo itself? My main goal is daily driven high 11's. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
You can do daily driven high 11s on the stock 05 turbo. You can do it even easier on a stock 06 turbo. However, don't mess with the turbo until you have all the other bolt-ons and supporting mods. Also, don't get a 9 turbo until I do!! I have been trying to get a used one for 5 months now.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Warrtalon said:
... Also, don't get a 9 turbo until I do!!
:laugh:

If one comes up for you at the right price, get it and throw it in. You just won't be able to take full advantage of it with out the right supporting mods, but I wouldn't pass it up.

... on second thought maybe you should hold off and PM me about the turbo. I'll buy it, install it, and let you know how it went.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What bolt on mods specifically are you guys talking bout? Because i know right now lancershop is selling the whole kit for the 9 turbo. Besides that if the bolt ons you guys talking bout are like boost controller, downpipe, etc., then i'm planning on getting those before i invest on the 9turbo itself.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
The "kit" is not what we're referring to - those aren't mods - they are just the bits and pieces you need for a IX turbo to bolt to an VIII, since they are not 100% interchangeable. We're talking about making sure you have all the other power mods first before spending $700-900 to gain 20whp from a turbo swap. Mods like exhaust, mbc, cams, fuel pump, lower ic pipe, tune, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah getting those parts before i invest on the turbo itself, so no worries there. Just wondering thats all because a friend of mine up here has the 9 turbo and is selling it, so i'm probably gonna grab it since its a good deal, thanks guys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts