Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one or more of my fuel injectors seem to be making a tapping noise that can mostly be heard at lower rpms, i have been reading up on this and basically have seen that this should not happen so soon...some people say that you cannot fix it, some people say it is fine but they may eventually die

i am just wanting to know if anyone has gone through this too? if it is a common problem, if i can fix it (like an easy clean or something) or if i need new fuel injectors...

·
Registered
70 Posts
On vehicles in general, a light tapping is common coming from the injectors. Usually its not going to be loud enough to hear from inside the car with the hood down, but from under the hood it is normal. Do you have one injector that is extra loud, or are all making some noise?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i thought of that...no idea, i guess the only way to really know would be to bring it to a mechanic...it sounds similar to that sound you gave me

it comes and goes...the oil was recently changed, and there is plenty in there

anything that i can do about it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
go buy a stethoscope, and trace the noise around. at a local parts store you can probably find one with an adapter that has a long metal probe on it, those are very helpful for tracing weird noises.

·
Registered
70 Posts
that is exactly what the guys in my shop use, and I cant tell you how helpful they are. From anything to identifying exhaust leaks, wheel bearings, idler/alternator/water pump bearings, clicks ticks, and all kinds of other strange stuff. Sometimes the simplest of tools can really make difficult jobs easy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts