Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i've been off the forum for awhile now, just been working mainly, and recently gotta AMS 3.5" Turboback put on. Well my question is which would be better for an evo, the JIC coilovers or the Teins? A friend of mine was telling me the Teins don't click well w/evo's but i've owned some on my ek9 back in the day and they ride well. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I don't think either would be best. Like your cam thread, is there a reason you chose these two? I can think of a bunch of coilover setups out there better than these. Is it just a JDM thing, or something else?

I'm going with the Vishnu Ohlins setup that were tested, tweaked, and tuned by Paul Gerrard (well-known Pro driver who ran an Evo in One Lap of America and was chief instructor at the Skip Barber school for 5 years). The setup includes re-valved Ohlins, 700f/900r springs (you can choose how stiff or light), helper springs, tophats, bushings, etc, while utilizing the stock sway bars.

You also have Robispec who has awesome packages to choose from (http://robispec.com) to meet your needs, whatever those may be. Robi utilizes KW variants, DMS, and other top-of-the-line coilovers.

Lastly, you have Muellerized by John Mueller of RRE. All 3 of the above suspension gurus are tops in their field, and I would proudly sport the suspension setups made by any of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts