Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, evolutionm has one, thought maybe we should to...but instead of cluttering this one with questions, maybe we should keep questions seperate.

Make this more of an Exhaust Review and info thread with peoples personal experiences with different cat-back and turbo back systems for the EVO, likes and dislikes, prices, how does it sound, remove lower ties?

Since I don't have an EVO, I really can't post a review. But I figured I'd start the thread anyway. Again, lets try not to clutter it up post whores...(I'm talking to myself as well here:p )

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Buschur Racing turbo back Exhaust:

I have had this setup in three configurations, with a high flow cat installed and the Buschur Racing muffler, with a high flow cat and the Magneflow muffler, and with a test pipe and Magneflow muffler.

For me, the sound of the BR muffler even with the cat was a little too much, so I switched to the Magneflow. The Magneflow with the high flow cat was VERY mellow, I loved the tone of it. The Magneflow with the test pipe is almost as loud as the BR muffler with the high flow cat, but to me it has a better tone than the BR muffler with the high flow cat.

I would say my favorite setup for sound quality was the Magneflow with the high flow cat. After I have all my mapping complete on the EMS I will probably through the cat back on. I am tuning without the cat because my wide band O2 sensor is in the rear O2 bung on my system.

Hope this helps,

Keith

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the RnR racing turboback with the Magnaflow muffler and test pipe. It sounds alot better than the bullet muffler they offer. I would recommend going with the Magnaflow with their system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an HKS down pipe, Hi Power cat back and Random Technologies high flow cat. I am very happy with the package. I like the power and the sound, not too loud. Only complaint is the huge tip on the HKS exhaust.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ummm...well, not that you guys aren't doing good, but do you think maybe you could be more thorough in the reasons why you like it and why you chose it over other exhausts

also how much was it, and does the down pipe remove braces?

Try to be as thorough as possible rather than just saying you like it or are happy with it...because honestly it won't help the 1000's of people in the future looking to buy a nice system.

Another thing that would be cool to add would be some small pics...pic of the muffler and maybe one of the piping too...installed on your car.

I'll edit this into my first post in order to reduce "clutter"...in due time

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
12secEVO said:
ummm...well, not that you guys aren't doing good, but do you think maybe you could be more thorough in the reasons why you like it and why you chose it over other exhausts

also how much was it, and does the down pipe remove braces?

Try to be as thorough as possible rather than just saying you like it or are happy with it...because honestly it won't help the 1000's of people in the future looking to buy a nice system.

Another thing that would be cool to add would be some small pics...pic of the muffler and maybe one of the piping too...installed on your car.

I'll edit this into my first post in order to reduce "clutter"...in due time
I thought I was pretty damn specific. But just to be civil I will be more so...

Light weight....low cost (less than $1000 for turbo back with cat AND test pipe)....keeps braces.

Keith

·
Registered
39 Posts
A buddy of mine has the full titanium JIC exhaust....and I have never ever heard a exhaust so mean...I want it so bad..

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have the Helix TB with the UR highflow cat.......not as loud as i thought it would be......tip doesn't sit strait out the back so it melted the inside of my bumper and it does rattle alittle........but it looks great and everyone loves the way it sounds

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a turbo back exhaust system from Turbo XS for $675 (total price). The price was excellent for a turbo back, it fit perfectly, it sounds excellent, and it's street legal. I noticed a difference in performance. The turbo spooled much quicker and from launch my 0-60 times felt a lot faster. It feels like a bat out of hell on acceleration. My top speed also improved. I can keep up with a lot of the faster cars out there I could barely keep up with before. The exhaust has a nice huge tip and straight thru muffler that angles out the back. It does have a resonator which everyone knows affects performance a little, but a little HP here and there doesn't really matter unless your running something real big. The whole system is also 3-inch and 304 stainless steel and titanium.
Then again any exhaust system will work, until you're pushing out big numbers, as long as it's 3-inch and turbo back. What it really comes down to is how it looks and how it sounds. Your preference. You can't go wrong with Vishnu as long as you do one of there packages (best bang for the buck). Look for companies that specifically do Evo's and you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the Perrin turbo back with the test pipe. I love the way it sounds, and looks. It comes out of the rear bumper a little to keep from burning it. I do have a problem with it though. The downpipe has the wrong flange welded to it, so I can't keep it sealed. The downpipe has a donut gasket style flange, while the stock cat, and Perrin test pipe has a flat flange. It is always leaking. I paid around $1000 for it. I will be changing it out soon on a GPMoto exhaust, and will let you all know what I think about there system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts