Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying my exhaust and I was looking into a Thermal cat-back. What opinions are out there on these systems?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the upgrades I am going with are: Megan 02, Megan dp and Megan cat delete and either a thermal or greddy exhaust. Now these are my first performance upgrades...are these good choices? The shop I am dealing with is putting this together as a package for me.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Why not just stick with a Megan cat-back? It fits perfectly, is very cheap, is full 3", makes great power, looks great (when new only like any exhaust, though), and sounds ok. Doing a Greddy cat-back would just cost a few hundred more to gain nothing.

Anyway, you're just talking about a TBE and o2 housing - that's not really a package. A package for an 05 would be like my Warrtalon/Buschur package:

- TBE
- Fuel pump
- MBC
- Boost gauge + pod
- Flash

Although the o2 touches the DP, it is not a part of the exhaust install - it is much more difficult to swap out, because you either have to remove the radiator or remove the turbo. That's why the o2 is not usually included in a stg1 package, but it's certainly ok to do it along with a stg1.

Thermal was very popular on DSMs, but I haven't seen anyone use one on an Evo. I suggest sticking with more widely-used, proven, cost-effective choices.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
can anyone confirm that they still make a exhuats for the evo? I didn't see it on there site anymore. I love Thermal exhaust. I wish I could have used the one from my eclipse. It was just awsome!

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
The one slowboy carries is only 2.25" and the one modacar has doesn't give any info. The one modacar has a pic of is the one I remember on theramls website. I love the tip on the exhaust it's a double wall and looks very mean on the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts