Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds retarded, but I am trading in my brand new white 05 EVO RS on a brand new red 05 EVO RS!

I am taking a $4,000 loss on the trade in, and saving $7,500 on finance charges by going with the 0% financing.

In other words, I come out $3,500 ahead of where I am now on the white RS. Not as good a deal as I would have gotten by waiting till this week to buy the car in the first place, but still better than the deal I currently have.

Dealership is gona make a fortune on my trade in.

Keith
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Fourdoor said:
Sounds retarded, but I am trading in my brand new white 05 EVO RS on a brand new red 05 EVO RS!

I am taking a $4,000 loss on the trade in, and saving $7,500 on finance charges by going with the 0% financing.

In other words, I come out $3,500 ahead of where I am now on the white RS. Not as good a deal as I would have gotten by waiting till this week to buy the car in the first place, but still better than the deal I currently have.

Dealership is gona make a fortune on my trade in.

Keith
I recently heard about the incentives and I am calling the dealer where I purchased my car to refinance. I hope it works....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
yea the 0% incentives sound good... i just don't wanna start all over again, if i wasn't a evo owner i'd be all over this. :thumb:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,496 Posts
Fourdoor said:
Sounds retarded, but I am trading in my brand new white 05 EVO RS on a brand new red 05 EVO RS!

I am taking a $4,000 loss on the trade in, and saving $7,500 on finance charges by going with the 0% financing.

In other words, I come out $3,500 ahead of where I am now on the white RS. Not as good a deal as I would have gotten by waiting till this week to buy the car in the first place, but still better than the deal I currently have.

Dealership is gona make a fortune on my trade in
That's nutty, Keith! I'm glad it's working out in your favor, but how in the world are you saving $7500 on finance charges? My total interest paid on the MR witha $36k purchase price is right around $3000 over 5 years. Even if I had gotten the MR with 0%, I would only have saved 3k...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Warrtalon said:
That's nutty, Keith! I'm glad it's working out in your favor, but how in the world are you saving $7500 on finance charges? My total interest paid on the MR witha $36k purchase price is right around $3000 over 5 years. Even if I had gotten the MR with 0%, I would only have saved 3k...
I did the "quick and dirty" finance through the car dealership at around 8% over 6 years fully intending to re-finance through a bank at a lower intrest rate (locally around 5.25%) for 5 years in less than a month.... doing so would save me aprox $3000. Doing the trade in saves me aprox $3500. Only a $500 difference, but ever dollar counts right?

With 36,000 financed and 3,000 intrest your payment would be $650. That is assuming you did not have any trade in or down payment on your MR, is that correct? Or did you purchase when intrest rates were at rock bottom? 3.5% intrest rate would get you there, but none of the local banks are offering that even with perfect credit.

Later,

Keith
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joeracer321 said:
I recently heard about the incentives and I am calling the dealer where I purchased my car to refinance. I hope it works....
This is only and incentive to purchase a new car. They are not in the business of refinancing any loan, let alone refinanceing at a 0% intrest rate.

Keith
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,496 Posts
Fourdoor said:
I did the "quick and dirty" finance through the car dealership at around 8% over 6 years fully intending to re-finance through a bank at a lower intrest rate (locally around 5.25%) for 5 years in less than a month.... doing so would save me aprox $3000. Doing the trade in saves me aprox $3500. Only a $500 difference, but ever dollar counts right?

With 36,000 financed and 3,000 intrest your payment would be $650. That is assuming you did not have any trade in or down payment on your MR, is that correct? Or did you purchase when intrest rates were at rock bottom? 3.5% intrest rate would get you there, but none of the local banks are offering that even with perfect credit.
Yeah, pretty close. It's about $660/month for 5 years with 3.99% financing that I got back in October of '04.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
399 Posts
White for red... oh well. I guess that works. I tend to like white cars though - not sure why :)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top