Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently drive an 06 auto turbo tC and put down 230whp. Well soon after I blew a piston and scorched cylinder 4. I got a no motor and im currently now returning to stock and trading it in. I have tons of shit done to it but plan on selling it all and going with the EVO. I got a few questions on the evo, as i havent done to much research on the spec's. Im probaly gonna be getting an 03. What kinda warranty do they have and what voids the warranty? Im gonna do basic bolt-on's for now, which bolt-on's should I go with first?

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Mitsubishi has very poor warranty support, but they made one hell of a motor in the 4g63. Technically anything before the catalitic conveter voids the warranty, but if your putting down power to break stuff why replace it with a stock part, upgrade it.
Start with an exhaust first and see how you like it.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
If you're really worried about voiding the warranty, I'd just not do any mods. As Larry said, anything done before the cat "could" void your warranty and Mitsu doesn't like honoring warranties. If they find any reason to get out of it, they will.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, Mitsu' hates warranties. I got an 03 and 3 days later my clutch went out. After they tried to blame me for it they said that since we didnt notice it on the test drive they wouldnt warranty it. And the brakes were also worn to nothing. Since then I have had to replace an o2 sensor and the transfer case went out. Also, make damn sure the car hasnt been modded. Mine had an AEM intake on it and after Warrtalon made my stupidity painfully obvious I now realize that I either have to have an ECU flash or replace the factory airbox. The intake by itself is making the car run at maybe 12-13 psi instead of 19.

Having said this I think that going from the Tc to the Evo is definitely a good thing. I love my car even though it has its problems from the previous owner. Just be careful and dont make my mistakes.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
These fact make an 03 perfect for you. It did NOT have the 10 year 100,000 mile warrenty, so the useless warrenty on the 03's has already run out.

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts