Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i am having trouble shifting into reverse i bought the car used, i did buy the extended warranty its an 05 gsr any help please ??
ohh and i was wondering if i can get them to replace the wing ??
i belive there is a tsb on it ??

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
1) There is a TSB for the reverse idler gear, so go to the dealer and have them check it out.

2) An 05 would still be under warranty for quite a while, so there was not a need to buy an extended warranty unless you plan to drive the car for 10 years or something. Plus, it's even less useful to pay for something like that when Mitsu voids warranty claims at the blink of an eye. Hopefully, you get your money's worth.

3) There is no TSB on the wing, but it's a fairly well-known problem that they get spots and discoloration. Typically, it's only on the 03-04s, but it can happen to an 05, too, I guess. Is that what is wrong with your wing? If so, then take it to the dealer and ask them about that, too. Some dealers say to take a hike while others get it replaced with a brand new one.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
There is a TSB for the wing, you must be still under factory warranty bumper to bumper which on a 05 is 60k/5 years. It might only be for the 03's and 04's I will try to find the tsb right now. They will replace it, but it may be replaced by a evo IX wing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sucks

oh that sucks so i just bought the extended warranty and i didnt need it ! thats great i quess you learn that when you buy your 1 st car ! is there anyway i can get my money back for that ???
i will go to dealer right know and see what they tell me about my reverse i will post the results !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mitsubishi won't replace the syncros they said they no longer warranty them !
THAt SUcks !
oh but they did go ahead and replace mywing which should be here in a while they are in back-order!

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
The reverse idler gear is not the synchro - this is a separate TSB. You didn't go in for synchros, and even if you did, it's bull that they stopped replacing them under warranty. People still get this done all the time per the TSB.

Surprised they agreed to replace the wing, but that's good news.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts