Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they really help? I put a Greddy header on my GS and it just looked better and made the exhaust sound better but as far performance it was a waste. I was just curious on the 4G63 if swapping the EM's made a big difference or not.....i know it would look better for sure.

Thanks!
Kachur

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm sure it would...it probably flows better...so it will spool the turbo a little slower...yes slower because the tubes are bigger and you don't have as much velocity to spool the turbo, but you have better flow so you'll have more top-end power. Difference in spool-up wouldn't be much at all...not more than a 200rpm difference

this is just my assumtion...if the tubular manifold had smaller tubes it would be just the opposite...and if they were close to stock, then it really won't help a whole lot.

I wouldn't expect more than 10hp from one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Last time I went to the dyno there was one stock evo that ran 232whp then there was another stock evo with a JIC tubular manifold and HkS intake that ran 246whp. They are only worth 10whp in my opinion. I don't think it would be a good investment in my opinion. I am sure that it helps with spoolup of larger turbos, but I wouldn't get it for the stock turbo.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I really hate the look of the stock EM and that would be the only reason I would switch....10hp isnt worth $1000

·
Registered
239 Posts
well...on top of all that, I haven't seen an after market one that comes with a nice, good heatshield. So it might look good, but you'll have to wrap it and basically "ruin" the looks part of it and ruin the bling factor. In order to keep the underhood temps down and stuff like the radiator cool.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ehh for the price they are....they are not worth it IMO...I would only get it at the end when you have everything else you want to do...and have money to burn and just want a nice showy manifold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts