Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had my car tuned

I had my car tuned and got 305whp dose this sound ok for the mods i have: 2.75 hks down pipe , straight pipe, buschur 3" exhaust,injen intake and upper intercooler piping,ams lower intercooler piping, 760cc injectors,255 walbro fuel pump,tuned to about 22psi with a super afc2 and race gas 100 octane. Also dose anyone have close #'s and what did they run. I could not push more psi because it would drop my blowoff valve leaked and it was a jdm metal evo mr blowoff valve.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
we have some of the same mods and I ran the same thing you did in the 1/4 mile. I need a new clutch though. I have a 3" TBE, Intake, MBC, Greddy type-s BOV, fuel pump and dynoflash. I have never had my car dynod so I don't know what my whp power is. It sounds like your making some good power from your mods.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
It depends on the type of dyno. If it was a Dynojet, then that's very weak, but if it's a Mustang Dyno or DynoDynamics, then it's pretty strong.

Unfortunately, you have several mods you don't need, and using the SAFC as your tuning device is very limiting. Hopefully, you're tuning it yourself and not paying someone to tune the SAFC, since the only reason to have it is if you tune yourself.

The JDM MR DV leaks at 25psi. It does not leak before then, and even when it does leak, you can't tell. You can still turn your boost all the way to 30psi

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran the 13.1 before I was tuned and stock clutch only had full exhaust and intake. The tuning was done on a DinoDynamics dyno. Well Wartalon it seems that you know what you are doing and thanks for your advice but what do you mean I have some parts I dont need. When i tuned my car they said they could not go any higher than 23psi because they think I had a boost leak. Do you think my clutch could affect what kind off power it maid because I had a feeling my clutch was going out before I tuned my car, and I guess I was right because the first night i pushed the car hard the clutch went completely out which was about a week after it was tuned. As for tuning I plan on geting something else what do you recomend.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Ah yes, well a DynoDynamics reads very low, so 305whp should be VERY good power. Somewhere around 340-350 on a Dynojet, which is very strong for an 03 with stock cams, but it's a bit surprising if you were only able to do 23psi. You'd need to verify the power with another trip to the dragstrip.

The mods you didn't need:

- Injen Intake w/upper IC piping: It's just a very expensive intake that adds little-to-no-power while causing erratic MAF readings that must be tuned out in order for the car to run smoothly. Even when tuned, the car sucks in hot engine air and is constantly fighting the MAF turbulence. The upper IC piping adds no power whatsoever, so it's really for looks.
- INjectors: Big time don't need these. The stock injectors can flow enough for the stock turbo even at higher boost. The reason why you were told to get injectors is because you're using an SAFC, and the SAFC can't give good power on pump gas without injectors. People with a nice flash that has far more features and abilities than an SAFC don't need injectors to make power.
- I'm very concerned that the place told you they couldn't go above 23psi due to a leak. That doesn't make any sense. It also is disconcerting that they told you it was because of the awesome JDM MR DV. Even if it was leaking, they wouldn't know without a boost leak test, and the leak wouldn't be enough to stop the boost at 23psi.

Yes, if your clutch was slipping, then it would have been slipping right at peak torque, which is simultaneous with peak boost. If the clutch was slipping a little right when the boost spiked, then that would keep you from raising the boost. With a working clutch, you can run 25-26psi on that race gas with the JDM MR DV and make great power.

For tuning, you should get a custom flash. Your next mods would be cams, ported manifold, and an o2 housing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey cul8rv8 you should have done your reserch and got the WARRTALON stg 1 and build off that!!!..live an learn!

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I ran 12.26 and 12.000 with the same mods, and they are the basic mods that I recommend to everyone with an Evo. It's even a package sold by Buschur now - the one Apex referenced:

- Forge UNOS MBC + gauge + pod
- Forge RS BOV
- Walbro 255 fuel pump
- Buschur Turboback exhaust
- Dynoflash

That's all. On 93oct, I did the [email protected], then on the very next run, I put in a few gallons of race gas, turned up the boost, then went [email protected]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
apex I would have done that but I had no idea warrtalons upgrade existed. I hadn't really been searching through evo tuners much. extreemely nice wheather 60's out here if we are lucky we will be low to mid 90's during the winter. I live in palm springs california which is prity dame hot up to 120 during the summer in the day time. During this month of july my friend got his car flashed and tuned he had an injen intake and fronmount. and full 3" exhaust and he had 296 whp and ran 14's all day got lucky and got a 13.9 all this and he used to run 13.3 and 13.2 all day before he got the reflash this goes to show how much wheather comes into play, the 13.2 was done during late october in pomona where wheather is cooler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts