Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High everyone I have a friend that has bought all the same parts that I have and wants to put the same setings in his afc that my car has, the only difference is that I have 720cc injectors he has 680cc injectors would this be ok. My car is runing a little rich and has a conservative tune.

This are the parts I have 255 walbro fuel pump, 720cc injectors super afc 2, turbo back buschur exhaust, ams lower intercooler pipe, injen intake, boost controller tuneds at 22 psi,clutch, flywheel, 310 whp.

I gues my question is his car wouldnt blow up lol or mess up.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
No, it is not ok. If he wants to use an SAFC, which is not recommended, then he has to get all the proper monitoring devices in order to ensure that he has the SAFC set perfectly for his setup. It makes absolutely no sense to buy injectors for the stock turbo first of all, then secondly it makes no sense to get an SAFC if he's not going to actually tune the car. The only reason to have an SAFC is so that you can tune yourself, and even that isn't a good use, because you can already do that FOR FREE with EcuFlash, and EcuFlash has 100 times the capabilities of an SAFC.

If he is going to take this route instead of getting a proper tune, he must ensure that he has a wideband o2 and a datalogger, then he needs to follow our SAFC tuning guide in the tech section to ensure that he gets both his low throttle and high throttle settings tuned for those injectors.

If he really wants the cheapest and most effective solution, he should not get the injectors (or sell them if he already has them), not get the SAFC (or sell it if he already has it), then get flashed for $200 or so.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thanks for your answers yoy see my friend realy wants me to do this but I dont want to because I dont want something bad to hapen to the car. I will convince him to get a flash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts