Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just curious on the difference in the single or dual flapper 10.5 turbo housing? I seen few doing the upgrades I know it's a pain because you need to pull the turbo out. But I plan to pull it out to change my o2 housing and manifold.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
sairaag said:
Hello, just curious on the difference in the single or dual flapper 10.5 turbo housing? I seen few doing the upgrades I know it's a pain because you need to pull the turbo out. But I plan to pull it out to change my o2 housing and manifold.
The single flapper is the only choice - it is the updated design that came on the 05s and 06s. The dual flapper was on the 9.8 hotside, although there must be some weird 10.5 dual flapper version out there on the market, because people keep asking me the difference. There is no option here - the single flapper is the only one to get.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warrtalon said:
The single flapper is the only choice - it is the updated design that came on the 05s and 06s. The dual flapper was on the 9.8 hotside, although there must be some weird 10.5 dual flapper version out there on the market, because people keep asking me the difference. There is no option here - the single flapper is the only one to get.
Single it is, do you gain better spool up or power gains? I like power but I much rather have better spool up times. BTW your the man, you know your stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
sairaag said:
do you gain better spool up or power gains... I much rather have better spool up times.
I'm running the single 10.5 right now and have seen a dual 10.5. To me the dual looks better. The wastegate channels look larger and better flowing in the dual design then in the single. Niether flapper design will increase spool up time or out right power because they flow wastegate gasses that have to do with controlling boost.
It's the area ratio that makes the difference. If you really want spool up, stick with the 9.8 housing. If your looking for more power (but later spool) than swap to the 10.5.

·
Registered
86 Posts
dang those 10.5's spool slow, what like 200 rpm slower or something? ROFL

hope you like the turbo once the clutch gets fixed :thumb:

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Warrtalon said:
All the JDM turbo's that had the 10.5 housing up until 05 had the dual flapper setup, and that is where the original 10.5 housing upgrades came from up until the new style became available in 05. The old style worked great, but I figure mitsubishi must have had some reason to change. I doubt if there is any performance difference between the housings and I suspect that reason for the change was $$$. Single flapper = less moving parts = lower cost.

Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts