Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I took some pictures of my new parts to do the twin plate to triple plate clutch conversion on my car. Since the flywheel, pressure plate, and bolts/hardware are identical between the Exedy twin and Exedy triple plate clutches, and the Cusco parts are identical to the Exedy all you need to do to convert is find a source of new clutch disks, and the two idler plates you need. I purchased mine from Matt at Cox import auto parts.

Enjoy the pics,

Keith

Attachments

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Hey Keith, explain the benefits of moving from twin to triple disk. I haven't looked into it much myself. What are you wanting to get out of it and what will you be using the car for?

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ludachris said:
Hey Keith, explain the benefits of moving from twin to triple disk. I haven't looked into it much myself. What are you wanting to get out of it and what will you be using the car for?
I am no longer using it as a daily driver, just a fun weekend toy that I will drive on weekends and runs at the drag strip.

It will have substantially more torque holding capacity, and from what I have read it is smoother to engage than a twin disk. I am hoping that is true, and that combined with the polly motor mounts I have them putting in will get ride of the jerky drive train motions when starting off from a stop I have encountered with the twin plate clutch.

Keith

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
You lucky dog you. One of these days I'll have some money to spend on a real good clutch - I hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts