Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys, I have a friend who is giving me a set of Bridgestone Potenza S03s from his 350Z.

Size is:

225/45/18
255/40/18

Will this fit on the Evo without problems? Or will it mess up the ACD? I'm driving an Evo VIII MR RS with ACD, LSD and no SAYC.

Tried searching but nothing has turned up :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. I passed on the rims and tyres. Decided to get RE55 on the stock rims and be done with it :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
How sensitive to diameter differences is the evo? Would different brands on the rear than the front, but in the same size (say 235/45 - 17) be a problem, in general? Even if the specs indicate about the same diameter (revs/mile)?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depending on the conditions you're running in I'd always recomend running the same tires all around in order to elminate any circumferene issues but also,, more importantly, to ensure that the tire charateristics are consistent under extreme loads and/or heat conditions. The less variables, the easier it is to fine tune the setup.

But hey if you want to *experiment* with different tires then feel free...just expect that your results may not be what you anticilated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts