Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of it for the Evo? I had it on my GS-T for 2 years with no problems then I put it on my GSX and change the clutch to a slowboyracing one and Aluminum flywheel and the ####er died on me and had to rebuilt it because the rod bearings started to wear and knock started to come out. I thought of getting a megan racey crank pulley for 40 bucks, not a bad deal for a quick HP. But will it ruin the bearing in the long run because it does not have a harmonic balancer?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
sairaag said:
What do you guys think of it for the Evo? I had it on my GS-T for 2 years with no problems then I put it on my GSX and change the clutch to a slowboyracing one and Aluminum flywheel and the ####er died on me and had to rebuilt it because the rod bearings started to wear and knock started to come out. I thought of getting a megan racey crank pulley for 40 bucks, not a bad deal for a quick HP. But will it ruin the bearing in the long run because it does not have a harmonic balancer?
Please do not mess with things like that. No one in the Evo community messes with those things. There are better ways to mod your car. Don't just get it because it's $40...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warrtalon said:
Please do not mess with things like that. No one in the Evo community messes with those things. There are better ways to mod your car. Don't just get it because it's $40...
Yeah thank's for the tip, I wasn't going to buy it unless I was sure. I mean for my dsm I felt a good diference doing it but also a 5k car vs a 30k too :). That's why I ask alot of question so I can learn more. Making a mistake on this car can be hurt you very dearly.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Dave makes an underdrive pully that HAS the harmonic ballancer like the stock pully for the DSM's, but I have no idea weather it works with the EVO's or not. I would prefer an electric water pump setup over an underdrive pully myself.

Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts