Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an 05 MR and I'm planning on getting the Burschur stage 1 kit, I'm not a big fan of the exhaust from the CAT back, will the Vishnu Signature exhaust fit with the Buschur down pipe, basically will it be a better upgrade, which is the best out of the two?

Also, my friend just bought an alky injection kit for his 05 MR and hes going to upgrade the intercooler, he is stuck between the Buschur Racing Evolution FMIC (Standard Core or Delux) whats the different there or the AMS replacement intercooler core. So for the second question, between the two Burschur racing front mounts whats the differences and which is the best, and between the Buschur racing and AMS core which is the best choice?

I've searched both, didn't find anything about the exhaust question and the other question comes from that's him and I have both seen both FMIC on evo's as an upgrade but I have seen AMS more.

Sorry for the long post, I'm a noob:p

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Unfortunately, there's really no answer to any of your questions:

1) Pretty much any exhaust fits with another exhaust as long as they're flanged, so that's not really important. Plus, the cat-back does not connect to the downpipe, so the question isn't entirely relevant. The DP connects to the cat which then connects to the cat-back. Not sure why you would not like the look of a cat-back when it's just piping that you never see. If you're referring to the muffler, then that just attaches to the cat-back - it's not part of the cat-back. The new Buschur bullet muffler is freakin awesome, so I'm guessing you haven't seen that. Neither will necessarily make more power, but very few people use the Vishnu exhaust, it's more expensive, and many people have made great power with great track times on the Buschur exhaust. Take that for what it's worth...

2) There's a Buschur Deluxe and a Buschur Race FMIC that are the same price, but one is for regular setups while the other is huge and designed for big power setups. They both are widely used and well known, but so is the AMS. Again, not really one is better than the other. It comes down to personal preference.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Warrtalon said:
2) There's a Buschur Deluxe and a Buschur Race FMIC that are the same price, but one is for regular setups while the other is huge and designed for big power setups. They both are widely used and well known, but so is the AMS. Again, not really one is better than the other. It comes down to personal preference.
Not correct.

Buschur has three FMIC options, the standard, deluxe, and race. The standard and deluxe use the same core size, but the deluxe mounts lower in the front of the car to give better air flow to the radiator than the standard FMIC. The race FMIC is a giant freaking core that is used for the big power setups. All three are offered at the same price.

If you do road racing in a hot weather part of the country the Deluxe is a good option, but requires modification of the undertray if you still want to use the undertray. If you want to retain the stock undertray without any changes to the undertray go with the standard FMIC, if you are going for huge power go with the race FMIC.

Keith

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your running alky injection on an ecu reflash with a decent amount of mods is it a good idea to upgrade to a stand alone engine management like the AEM EMS? Is it worth it?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Hell no, not unless you have a huge turbo. A flash can handle alky with lots of mods on the stock turbo and some mid-sized turbos. The stock MAF loses resolution around 500-540whp, so that's where you should consider a standalone. However, that's not to say that in the 450whp, you won't be able to make a noticable amount of power with a standalone over a flash. Just saying it is not necessary, and especially not when on the stock turbo.

Keith, I actually have never heard of nor seen discussed that standard FMIC. Interesting. I need to get the Deluxe with all the road racing I do now, especially in 100-degree temps during the summer.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Warrtalon said:
Hell no, not unless you have a huge turbo. A flash can handle alky with lots of mods on the stock turbo and some mid-sized turbos. The stock MAF loses resolution around 500-540whp, so that's where you should consider a standalone. However, that's not to say that in the 450whp, you won't be able to make a noticable amount of power with a standalone over a flash. Just saying it is not necessary, and especially not when on the stock turbo.

Keith, I actually have never heard of nor seen discussed that standard FMIC. Interesting. I need to get the Deluxe with all the road racing I do now, especially in 100-degree temps during the summer.
I agree 100% on the stand alone issue vs a reflash... especially with the new "do it yourself" flashing software. I think that with a little effort we can find a way to overcome the MAF resolution issues. Perhaps with the GM MAF translator, or another option I have thought of would be to run a dual MAF setup (two stock MAF's) and tweaking the ECU via the flashing software to run the dual MAF setup..... :D

Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts