Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey war or anyone who has an opinion what would be better I have my mind set on a Buschur Racing FP3065 Turbo Kit but my friend who has an sti keeps telling me to get the gt35r turbo kibecause thats the turbo he is going to get. I will be on stock internals except for gsc 272 camshafts. On a street and strip car.

supportung mods are jdm mr dv,forge unos boost controller,boost gauge,flash,gsc272's ,[email protected] drop in, ams lower intercooler pipe,buschur 3" turbo back exhaust, straight pipe, walbro 255 fuel pump, 760cc injectors, performance wires, road race x clutch 2900, lighter flywheel, alky kit.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I would stick with your orignial plan.... just because someone with a different car that has a 2.5 liter engine is using a larger turbo does not mean it is the best choice for your car with a 2.0 liter engine.

Keith

·
Registered
30 Posts
correct just because someone made say 500hp on a stock sti motor it doesnt mean that if you do the same mods on an evo that the hp will be the same:pity: :pity: :pity: it all depends on what works best on your car and especially who tunes it.:thumb: sometimes something that everyone says sucks works great on your car.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I agree with Keith. Both kits from Buschur are awesome, but the GT35r is more extreme. The 3065 is still quite big and powerful, but it will be a little better for a daily driver, and it can get by without upgrading your engine internals even if you go for 30psi on race gas, although that will be pushing it.

Btw, your mods are good, but IMO you're really not ready for a big turbo upgrade, imo. Is there a reason you want to make such a huge turbo upgrade? That clutch will be the first thing to go, imo.

Also agree with Keith that it makes no sense for you to get a GT35R just because your buddy is getting one. I don't understand that logic at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No ime still thinking of sticking with my original plan but he keeps saying that gt35 is the way to go I just wanted to make sure the fp3065 was the best choice for me. I just want the biger turbo because I have money to get a biger turbo and I already have the supporting mods just want to see what kind of power it puts out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts