Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does and doesnt void your warrenty? What should I look out for when filing a claim?
I am a DSM guy, just sold my gsx and gettin a evo 9 mr 2mmorow. what, how, and where is a ECU Flash?

·
Registered
11 Posts
06EVO9MR said:
What does and doesnt void your warrenty? What should I look out for when filing a claim?
I am a DSM guy, just sold my gsx and gettin a evo 9 mr 2mmorow. what, how, and where is a ECU Flash?
As far as teh warranty, it depends on the dealer. Some say it's alright for catback only, you should call them. if you do any bolt-ons you can switch them out before taking it in for services. The ecu flash is muy importante for unlocking your power. a tuner will remap your ecu. check out dynoflash.com. you can either mail in your ecu in which is cheaper ($250) or get a custom tune ($450) which is recommended cause you'll gain more from it. Anywhere from 30-50whp...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, I'm in a similar situation. I wanna sell my GSX and get a new evo, but I'm worried about voiding the warranty. What is the usual policy on an ECU flash and how easy is it to detect that? Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
JiveMasterT said:
Yeah, I'm in a similar situation. I wanna sell my GSX and get a new evo, but I'm worried about voiding the warranty. What is the usual policy on an ECU flash and how easy is it to detect that? Thanks.
From what I understand they can't detect a flash, so it's not a concern. I kissed my warranty goodbye within the first month. But, that's just me...

·
Registered
27 Posts
:shhh:
06EVO9MR said:
pretty much you don't have warranty on your evo... they just say it when you buy one, as soon as you have problem with the car, that is your fault.when i had a car with less then 1000 miles,i got a little problem. my brakes was shaking the steering wheel,so i go to the dealer where i got the car,they told me the breaks not under the warranty... we had argue more than half hour finally they fixed it for free.but the guy told me next time is my turn to pay it!so imagin go there with more miles in your car or bigger problem...but since then i do not have any problem with the car. if something going wrong i get aftermarket.i had to change the clutch, and was cheaper to get act clutch installed ,then change the factory one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts