Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I was to purchase a standard A/F Guage that was meant to be hooked up to the stock o2 can it be instead hooded to a wideband, to give much more accurate readings. (I have searched extensively and was unable to locate the answer).

Thanks for any help you can be with this.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Not sure that's the right question. What you really need to do is get a wideband o2, and it should come with a gauge. That's usually how it works. It maybe possible to connect a regular solo AFR gauge to a wideband o2 that doesn't have a gauge already. You just need to make sure it's digital (numerical) and not just a light bar that goes up and down.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for.

I have been reading your posts like crazy scouring for information, you really know what you are talking about that is for sure.

By the way in the order of importance what guages would be best if I am going to get a Flash next. I currently have a Turbo/Vac guage and I would like to replace it so that it matches the others but I need to know which ones are the most important.

My thinking is Oil Pressure, A/F (Wideband), and EGT?

Thanks again for all the help.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Most important in order:

Boost > AFR (wideband o2) > Oil pressure (top 3)

After that, it goes:

Oil temp > EGT > Water temp

Those first 3 are pretty much indisputable, but the last 3 can be in a different order depending on who you ask. I personally plan to have a 3-gauge set in my center console with boost/oil temp/oil press, then have my AFRs on the steering column right in my face.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, if you had to choose a specific brand what would it be?

I am not looking for something flashy, I mean I would like them to somewhat match the interior but that is not the most important thing. I am looking for accuracy and quality.

With so many different brands, it is extremely hard to know what to choose.

Once again, any help in this matter is appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts