Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evo9-There is a vacuum line to the wastegate and turbo and between that there is a T and one side is not connected to anything did we accidently pull a hose off while installing the Intake or is it supposed to be like this. The reason being is we keep hitting what feels like fuel cut. The car doesn't have boost guage in it so I don't know what psi the car is getting up 2.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The line does in fact goto a soliniod. Possibly under where the stock box was can any tell me what the soliniod looks like or confirm this ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can i just block the the T off and run off the waste gate? I really just need to know what the T goes into some has to know ! Anyhelp what so ever would be appriciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plan to get an exhaust then put on electronic boost controller and get a reflash. Does the intake really need a tune ?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Yes, the intake really needs a tune. It's the mod with the single largest effect on the MAF readings and AFRs. It is not a helpful mod to begin with and should not be added unless tuned for it.

TBE, BC, and flash are the best mods for your IX...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well at least I got one part right. Lol My buddy should be doing exhaust and put the ebc i gave him on soon. We were talking about a trip to buschur to have that rest done. Thanks for the info though

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Wait, you have the K&N Typhoon? That is the absolute worst possible intake and cannot be used on the Evo. Please remove it as soon as possible. It has a terrible design flaw inside the MAF pipe. The cone filter is fine and is just like the Buschur filter, so you can use that on the stock rubber MAF pipe, but you CANNOT use the K&N pipe...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's my friends car. I saw that metal slanted piece inside of it. I'll see if he actually wants to take it off. Damnit I told his ass to get the buschur. Why dont people listen ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts