Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone besides me actually weigh their EVO on some truck scales or scales at the race track?

When I had my 03 EVO with sun roof I weighed it on some truck scales in my area. With me in the car (I run about 240 lbs), spare in the trunk, and a full tank of gas it weighed in at 3520 lbs with no extra items in the car. Race weight with 1/4 tank of gas apox 3436.

I just did the same thing with my 05 EVO RS and with me in the car, spare in the trunk and a full tank of gas it weighted in at 3420 lbs with my CD's in the car, stereo I added to the RS, and 15 lbs of stuff in the trunk. Take out the 15 lbs of junk and CD's and add 8 lbs for my laptop with 2 lbs for the helmet and my current race weight would be aprox 3330 lbs.

The RS is so loud now with the solid motor mounts and bullet style muffler that I will be pulling the stereo out. Anyone know exactly what a stock EVO stereo (non-SSL) weighs?

Later,

Keith

·
Registered
133 Posts
idk how it weighs, but i weigh my car to sometimes. A few weeks ago i was 3230lbs. that was at a lil over 3/4 a tank of petrol, without me in the car. With my cat in my back seat, helmet, and "toolbox" filled with metric sockets, screw driver, and a pliers. hah:dsm:

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Keith, did you see my answer on EvoM?

Last time at Bandimere on their scales, I was at 3375-3380 in the MR with me (225lbs) and less than an 1/8th tank. No tools, no floor mats, no spare, no jack, no carpet in trunk, no crap in the glove box, ash tray, or center console.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A great way to see what each model of Evo weighs (RS,GSR,MR) look at Road//Race Engineering they have each one on scale with different options such as sunroofs to see what each one weighs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts