Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks back I ran into what appeared to be some bags of concrete on the fwy. :cry: It looked like cosmetic damage, pushed in grill, scuffed bumper, and a loose lower lip. I didn't feel any driving difference, but I didn't push it. The next day when I checked it in the daylight I saw the horror. When the grill got pushed in it perfectly met a row on my intercooler and punctured it. :mad: The good news is that if I hadn't had the IC hard anodized, the car probably wouldn't be drivable. I also started going over my options;
Barrow a stocker till I get it fixed (Damn it, I sold mine :eek: )
Buy a new one (not on my budget :rolleyes: )
Weld in a new Griffen core core (hmmm... it's good to live close to RRE :D )
Go back to my DSM roots and buy a Chineese IC WTF
Oh yea baby. I'm blazing a trail where few Evo's dare to go. Cheap Chinese Ebay intercoolers, Treadstone to be exact;
http://www.treadstoneintercoolers.com/hor_intercoolers.htm
I took it to RRE again to have it anodized too (I can't give up the stealth look :sneaky: ). We were talking about it and it turns out that I can't easily have the one that's damaged welded anyway; you can't weld on anodized aluminum. It has to be deanodized, then cut the endtanks off, reweld the endtanks to the new core, then anodize it again WTF
Ultimately this is where I'm going since the XS Engineering IC uses Griffin cores and they are available here, but it will take a while;
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/intercoolers.htm
... but in the mean time I'll try the cheapest Asia has to offer and let you guys know how it comes out. :eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
hahahaha fkin larry...always down for the bargain mod hahah hope everything works out for you bro...damn the stealth look!!!

T

·
Registered
86 Posts
and people laughed at me for hitting a cinder block. ha! i only have to replace the subframe and lower arm bars (with cusco ones of course).

oh wait, the subframe sucks to replace

1 - 3 of 3 Posts