Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving along and everytime I accelerated it seemed like there were minor little power losses and then i accelerated in third gear it got around 5-6k and my car just like jerked for some reason it felt like driving into a wall, it was very strange but everything still works fine, not sure what happened just wondering if anyone may know?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my mods are: walbro 255lph fuel pump, hallman pro boost controller @ 21psi, evo mr jdm bov, prosport amber/white boost gauge, ngk iridium spark plugs everything else is stock (that I know of anyway)

I was driving down the road, and started to accelerate hard and I could feel "slipping" on and off, it kind of felt like the clutch, then i slowed down and sped up again but this time around 5-6k rpms in third gear and then it just jerked really hard and slowed down, and it felt like hitting a wall and then it just started going again and i had no problems with it the rest of the drive which was about 10 miles or so..

·
Registered
143 Posts
my mods are: walbro 255lph fuel pump, hallman pro boost controller @ 21psi, evo mr jdm bov, prosport amber/white boost gauge, ngk iridium spark plugs everything else is stock (that I know of anyway)

I was driving down the road, and started to accelerate hard and I could feel "slipping" on and off, it kind of felt like the clutch, then i slowed down and sped up again but this time around 5-6k rpms in third gear and then it just jerked really hard and slowed down, and it felt like hitting a wall and then it just started going again and i had no problems with it the rest of the drive which was about 10 miles or so..
Have you changed the spark plugs? If yes, that would be probably spark plugs.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I bet it's the plugs, It's not slipping the plugs are just fouled is it only under boost? If so change your plugs! If your clutch was slipping then your RPMs would go way up and you wouldn't go anyway until it catches. This doesn't feel like you hit a wall. Change plugs see if it works, if not I would start tryng to find a boost leak. Have you recently got gas somewhere you normally don't go? It may be bad gas, I wouldn't run your car hard until you get new premium gas in it and some new plugs! Good Luck and let us know what it is!

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Those Iridium plugs should last a while, but a very cheap troubelshooting step would be to buy some NGK BPR7ES (copper) at Autozone, gap them to .026, and put them in to see what happens.

Also, if you still have the stock intake with stock intake snorkel that sucks air from outside the hood, be sure you have BOTH clips holding it down. If you don't have those clips, it pretty much kills you at around 5-6k rpm.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the plugs were put in my car about less than a month ago, but i will try swaping those out

also my intake snorkel only does have one clip on it because one of them was all chewed up and it had to be broken in order to get it out

so i will get a clip and put it in there too

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, i re-torqued the plugs, they seemed to be loose, and also tighted the somewhat loose bolts holding on the coilpacks...and so far so good, i also got some more/new gas, in my area some gas stations have 91 octane, and some 93 octane i try hard as i can to get 93 octane but i cant always

1 - 11 of 11 Posts