Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know we can run wider tires on our stock wheels, What size works well without rubbing, I am in need of tires and I would like to have a little more rubber on the ground. I thought I read somewhere that we can run a 245/40r17, can anyone confirm this? Any info or insight is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
You can safely and easily run the 255/40-17 Falken Azeni RT-615s while maintaining close-to-stock handling for about half the price. The RT-615s are the clear favorite for performance as replacements to the Advans. Like the Advans, though, they won't last a really long time, and they're not the BEST in rain, but they're not bad either. I wouldn't run them in snow or ice.

I use them now as my daily drivers, but they also are awesome on the track as evidenced by this vid:

RT-615 Evo vs Z06s

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get tires really cheap threw the dealership I work for and i was looking into the BFGoodrich G-force sports because of price and i also need a tire that is going to hold up and last for everyday driving. so 255/40r17's will work on my stock enkeis even if I lower my car? I just don't want to have any rubbing issues when I go and spend money on 4 new tires. thanks again for your info Warr unfortunatley I can't get falken tires here at my work.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I wouldn't get tires just because you can get them cheaply. Unless you don't care about performance, you should really consider the Falkens - they're only $135/ea for Advan-like performance ($250/ea).

I cannot tell you if those BFGs will fit in 255/40, and you didn't give any data yet regarding being lowered, so I can't answer that either.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Warrtalon said:
I wouldn't get tires just because you can get them cheaply. Unless you don't care about performance, you should really consider the Falkens - they're only $135/ea for Advan-like performance ($250/ea).

I cannot tell you if those BFGs will fit in 255/40, and you didn't give any data yet regarding being lowered, so I can't answer that either.

I didn't know the falkens were that inexspensive. I will look more into them next week. I am looking at lowering my car with some Tanabe GF springs, Which I think drop the front 1.5 and .5 in the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone on here have a a lowered evo with 255/40R17's? What tires are you running?

·
Registered
78 Posts
You still shouldn't have a rub lowered in that size. If you were running a 245/45 then you would have a slight rub.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is lowered and I'm planning on running the 255/40/17s. I've seen others that were lowered as well running this side with no issues. I'll probably run the Falken RT-615s that Warrtalon suggested for roadrace/autox.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts