Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys just recently got my hands on a 03 evo and i have 3g's to play with so plz give me some suggestions on what to buy. im looking to make this thing fast :thumb: would like any advice on parts and ect. thanks for ur time

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Well, that's not even half of $3k, so here's the best mod list for $3k, imo, including brand names:

Start with the Buschur Stg 1 for $1575, which includes:
- Forge UNOS MBC
- Forge RS BOV
- Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
- Buschur Racing TBE w/bullet muffler
- Autometer boost gauge + single steering column pod
- Dynoflash

Then add:
- GSC 272/272 cams = $450
- Buschur LICP = $220
- SMC Alky Injection = $500
- Ebay o2 = $90
- Buschur ported/coated exhaust manifold = $195

Your total for this is $3030 for parts. You didn't mention if you need to include installation in the price or a clutch. If you need a clutch, which you certainly would with nearly 400wtq from these mods, then you'll have to allocate half your money for the clutch parts and installation (~$1500).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys

hey guys, i bought the evo and it came with a greddy turbo timer on it already which is awsome! i love it and it makes things easier :thumb: . also when i popped the trunk i found a box for a greddy type rs blow off valve. so that is also installed from the get go. is this a good bov? i heard that some mess up the cars functions and ect. is this true? i just ordered the buschur stage one package so im hoping to see some improvement with that and some nice sound added to my evo. its just too quiet!

·
Registered
361 Posts
If the BOV is recirculating then no it shouldn't have any negative effects. I have the APS on mine and it is great. Good luck with the mods and keep us posted!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it doesnt vent and make the noise like other bov's, you can hear a faint one now and then. i think someone told me that it doesn like 25% vent 75% recirculate. i havent had any probs, im not used to them being that quiet :shhh:

·
Registered
35 Posts
you know what...youre asking ppl that you dont know, each with their own perspective of what makes power within their own agenda, what you should do with your 3gs?? as you can see each person is giving you very different paths. forget all that and ask yourself one question....what do you want to acheive with your car??? where are you trying to go??? track car? street monster?? daily driver?? what?? when you answer those questions...it is only then will you hear the correct advice. as of now, its very vague.

T

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Then you have your answer in my first post.

No, the Greddy isn't great, and it also doesn't do partial vent/partial recirculate. It's usually full VTA unless you recirculate it, in which case it's fully recirculated, but it's still not that great on the Evo.

Good choice on BR Stg1 - it's very similar to the Warrtalon Stg 1 that Buschur also sells, so it will work well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i think its full recirc. cause it doesnt sound like it vents and i have had no problems with it at all. what clutch system do you recommend warrtalon?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
You shouldn't base it on how it sounds - just go look at it and see if it recirculates. You can plainly see if it's connected back to the intake.

I recommend the Exedy Twin HD, because I'm not too confident with any of the available single disks for the Evo. I had the ACT, and it was not very good at all. I now have the Exedy stg2 4-puck single disk, and it is awesome for racing, but not everyone would want it for daily driving, because it's pretty harsh getting into 1st and reverse. I don't mind even though I drive mine daily, but that's because I do so much racing that I am willing to compromise to have awesome track performance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Instead of trying to go really fast in a straight line and nothing else you should think about allocating part of your money for what your car was built for, turning. A really good starting platform would be some sticky tires, the stickier the better, and a big rear sway bar and a very aggresive alignment. If you can spend the moeny, bushings make a noticeable difference as well. Next you should think about some aggresive brake pads along with some stainless braided brake lines and high temp fluid. This will make the power you already have that much more enjoyable. Remember, the car you own wasnt actually built for drag racing, it was built to dominate on and off road circuits. So making your car stupid fast in a straight line is fun, but its not your only avenue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts