Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already got my mind set on buying an evo and I know the style that I want (2005 electric blue evo VIII mr) and I’m trying to find out as much information about them as possible before taking the big plunge I own a mitsu eclipse turbo so I’m not new to the turbo scene but what are some of the things that I should be looking for before making this decision, it will probably be in January what would be some of the prices I can expect one of them to be at that time also what are some of the prices you guys have paid for the ones you got, looking to get the best deal possible and if anyone can recommend a reputable place and also what would be a better choice evo VIII or IX. All that you guys can contribute would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance. :dsm: :thumb: :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought an Evo IX RS (obviously) at Fred Beans Mitsubishi in Doylestown Pa. The sticker was 29,630 and I drove away form the dealership with all the tax and title for about
32,450. The extra $450 was for a finders fee because they had to locate the car which was somewhere in Jersey. There are only subtle body differences such as different front and rear bumpers and the the Enkeis are slightly lighter and are a split five spoke between the VIII & IX. The real changes that matter are made to the turbo and the head which has MIVEC (variable valve timing) for a slight increase in horsepower and torque.

Is the IX woth it over the VIII? I thought so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
when i was purcashing my evo used i was checking for manifold wrench marks or any kind of aftermarket installment, u have to take into consideration this isnt ur everyday car where the family hopes in with the baby to go out to eat at applebee's. varying the mileage on the car check if it has stock tires (im not sure what brand they use, would have to check up on that) i mean u can go as far as seeing if there is tire rubber stuck to the wheel wells lol. check to make sure the pop clips on the intake are there and havent been taken out, you know what i mean.
I walked away wit a 03 evo wit 12k miles for 23k out the door fully loaded with lojack and a nice aftermarket alarm

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
We really need one of our resident experts to do a write-up on this subject. It gets asked often enough. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
^^^^ Yes, somebody please do a right about what to look for in an evo. Today I just started researching the evo because I am ready for one. I own a dodge srt-4 but I am ready for the evo. I know nothing about the evo so I will research for maybe a month or two before I buy one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts