Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Only 05s and 06s have it. 03-04s have the setting in their ECU, but the default is set to 8000rpm, which in effect, means it doesn't have one. However, it can easily be lowered to 5k-6k or wherever you want it if you get flashed or flash yourself with EcuFlash.

·
Registered
71 Posts
In your opinion when I get the flash is that something that I should set at say 5500 or 6000, Or just leave it where it is and don't worry about it? I will probably not be launching the car from more than 5k anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
If you don't plan to use launch control, then tell them not to change it. If you do ever plan to drag launch, then get it set at 5500-6000.

You said you won't be launching from more than 5k anyway. Did you mean you won't be launching or that you plan to launch from 5k or below? I do not recommend launching at 5k or below, because there's not enough power there. You will bog, and if you slip the clutch enough not to bog, then you'll just be killing the clutch. You can launch high without blasting the transmission - you just have to give it a quick slip.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry, should have been a little more clear. What I meant was that I do not plan on frequenctly launching the car.

Once I get past the first two stages of upgrades I might however take it down to the track, but just to see what she can do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts