Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im wanting to put some Bronze wheels on my Black EvoIX and I was woundering if anyone knew of any good one's I'm kinda looking for some that are dual 5 spoke thanks :dsm:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea they do look good but im kinda looking for some thing dual 5 spoke and money if i like the wheels then I can save up :dsm:

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Be sure to think everything out before you decide on wheels. Things like how you'll use them, what racing you'll be doing, what size/offset/tires you'll want. A lot of people get rims for looks only to later realize they are not really useful for anything but...looks. If you do some homework, you can get some that look awesome but are also extremely useful for other reasons, too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nope, I missed it. I'll have to check it out. I wasn't sure if that was your car or not because it didn't have near the body roll compared to the pics. you posted from 3/15/06. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea thats what I was looking for but Warr you say that the TE-37 is lighter how much and if its not to much to ask how much for a set of 4 thanks :dsm:

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I don't know of a resource with all wheel weights, so I can't give you specifics, but when I say the TE-37s are lighter, that doesn't mean the Work Emotions aren't light, too. We're talking about two high-end sets of rims here that are very expensive, very high quality, and very light. The TE-37 is just lighter.

I'm not a vendor, so I don't have prices for you, but you can check around on Google. You need to pick a size first.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Just to add on to what Clayton said - make sure you really put some thought into how you're going to be driving your car with the new wheels. I had bought some Racing Hart C4 mesh wheels a few years back for my DSM, first set of aftermarket wheels I had ever bought. Those were the wheels I had always wanted because of their looks. After a couple years I realized they weren't wide enough for any type of racing that involved steering and they were too big in diameter for drag racing (18"). They were just pretty wheels, which as time went on, I found I had little use for.

I ended up selling them a few months ago to get some wheels that served a purpose (more than just looking good). Don't go spend your hard earned money on wheels that only look good. Make sure they'll work for the types of driving you do (or might do). Get the maximum width and correct offset you'll need for performance driving if you think there's any chance you might do any autox or track events.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts