·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello car guys,

Need a little input on my car.

Currently running:

03 evo 8
White Rabbit turbo*, Revolver cams, worked head with oversized valves*, suspension stuff. Running a hydra ems but plan on going back to a ecuflash because of obd2. Car is mostly a road course track car with a few errands thrown in.

I have a new set of GSC 280 cams as a result of returning a checked set of less duration.
I suspect the GSC cams are a little milder than the Revolvers, which are a tad blatant at idle. From what I can see I am able to keep the AFRs in line with the hydra but if I go back to the stock ecu not sure that is possible.
The question is, are the Revolvers suitable for me power wise or am I "out guned"
2 Are the GSC 280 more applicable for me
3 Should I drop them both and go with a 270
4 Can I get the GSC 280 to pass obd2?

tia
* before I get slammed for some of my mods...
the WR was a result of the OE unit going south just when the WR came out.
the head was a result of a coolant hose that leaked out just enough in a twenty minute session to fry the stock head, (not quick enough for anyone to notice)

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
I know DSM's have past with 272's, but that's all I know. It all depends on keeping the fuel trims in line at idle, at 3K RPM's, and having had the ECU run throught all it's tests with no codes. Make sure you have it looking stock under the hood, the BCS conected, and the stock cat on. The good news is that we don't have to turn the rollers. :thumb:
As far as 272' supporting the power levels you want; What are you looking for?

PS,
You won't get slammed for your mods.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
First of all, Revolvers aren't even meant to be used with the stock turbo (or stock-style turbo like the WR), so you won't be losing out on much, since you weren't using them fully to begin with. The GSC 280s will work fine for you and can certainly be used with the stock ECU and a flash. People are doing it all over the place now with great success and smooth idles, if that's what you prefer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts